PBR Materials Tests

Same textures and material than before, but trying to get a different aproach. Playing with basecolor and lights.

Attachments

1 Like

Very good materials , would you be able to do a pbr shader for water ? A material for rivers would be very interesting !

R U goonna sell them? I think they have good quality

Walten Thank you man. These are some tests of water glass, i will try to improve the shader, lets see if i am able to do it, because i am not a programmer or physicist. And im still learning cycles. I will work in an ocean and river in these days. Let me finish the shader and i will share the nodes.

The first is a trying to make dispersion glass, will keep working too same as the other water shader.

Attachments

wikifry Thanks, thats a good idea, if i see more people is interested in the materials, maybe i can release something like a shader package or something similar, i was thinking to do request materials too, for example if someone needs an specific material for a specific project or something. Dont know yet, lets see. Thanks for the support.

Really beautiful materials. I love those from message #43. How you made those bubbles inside the volume?

Thanks Yafu, glad you like them. Too much effort and time. The bubbles are inside the mesh. I downloaded this shader totem from Robin Marin:

http://www.pasteall.org/blend/42554

But if u want to do bubbles you can do a particle system from a specific object then insert them inside the mesh. In this tutorial you can see how.

More tests keep working on the water shader:

Attachments

1 Like

Yes, particle system is the way I usually do the bubbles inside volumes, you can see my humble “amber” material for the weekend challenge this week :slight_smile:
But I was wondering if there was some way to do the bubbles with some procedural texture connected to Volume input.

Water in the glass looks very real!

Ya i think too thats the best way to do bubbles or similar things inside meshes. I will check it.
Thats a very good idea but i dont know if it is possible to make those texture volumes, will make some tests and research today.
And be patient too, english not my main language.

Ahhh, that fingerprint glass is truly inspirational, thank you for posting it. I’ve been having fun trying to make something similar. Just to compare techniques, is the texture on the roughness value only, or also on the normal/bump?

As for using volumetric bubbles…I think you would have trouble doing it that way since the main thing that makes bubbles visible in cases like this is the IOR, which can only apply on actual geometry faces AFAIK. You can use volume for things like solid inclusions in a material, though. (something like bubble tea). Probably still easier to use particles…

oh sorry i I forgot i posted in this topic, and u did all this work for me :(.

I was working for a long time on a bridge project over a river in Austria with a very special shape , and i never could get the river to look good. I want to work on my bridge project again but i have no time right now :(. I would love to see a pbr material for river water :).
I really like your water material , i would need to test it for my river.

I think that the finger print are abit too big compared to the scale of the glass.

Great work keep going!

here is a link to my bridge project http://i.imgur.com/KYqh7YW.png

Hey elShaco,

I was very inspired by the Chrome material you made, I was wondering if you got the textures out of Substance painter? If you did, did you use the spec/gloss workflow or the metal/roughness workflow? I tried recreating the node setup you posted but it didn’t come out that great using substance painter textures.

Thanks for the support. Glad you like it guys. @spiderbrigade yes man only roughness maps where used for the finger prints, but using bumps is not a bad idea i will try it. And yeah man tried making bubbles with procedual textures using volumetric and is very hard will porst my results later.

@Walten looks nice design that bridge and your river material is very solid man, looks great. I would love to see the finished. I will try to make some river and ocean materials in these day and will post the results i was kinda busy this last month.

@ Hi enigmacat, no man the roughness map for the chrome material was taken from Polygon textures. This guy Andrew Price is just a fucking king. Go check his website of textures very nice. For use substance pbr textures using metal/rough worflow you can try this nodes from this guy he also rules, you can get very accurate results.

Here are the chrome material like, and the nodes i used it. Hope it helps: (Rough texture from Polygon and metal node tree from CynicatPro

Attachments

More tests:

Attachments

Hi guys these are just some more tests of some of my materials i had been working these couple of days, i wanted to see how they look in some models so i download some cool ones from the this web.

Attachments

These tests look amazing! Also thanks again for the help, I’ve been looking for the best way to get substance painter textures to work with blender.

I keep testing and playing around!! Some shaders are made with image textures and some with procedural. I am still looking for advices to improve please, thanks!!

Attachments

1 Like