Philips MSX VG-8020 - A look at our digital past

Ah, that’s a tricky one, my friend. :smiley: I baked an ambient occlusion map in BI, but before doing so, I carefully placed panels over the areas that I wanted to be darker in the AO map (that is, the areas that would me more likely to get wear or scratches). Once I got the map I wanted, I combined it with Cycles procedural textures (noise mostly) to blur it and break it up. Then, depending on the surface type I want to create (computer case and keys require different considerations, for instance) I might use it as input for glossy roughness of for glossy color.

I remember the TRS-80 Model 1, which was sold in the US, not because “it was my first computer” (it wasn’t …), but because it was such a ridiculous design. The worst part of it was that the power connector, the video connector, and (I think) a printer connector were all identical sockets, side-by-side. My school had one, and, inevitably, “one day it happened.” There was an acrid smell of fried electronics, and that was it.

I’ve never had that kind of accident myself, but my brother managed to ruin an Atari Lynx by plugging the power connector into the ComLynx socket. To this date I haven’t figured out how he managed to do that, since they were not identical sockets and he must have pushed the connector really hard into the socket. Boy, was I mad at him…

Incredible amount of detail! Looks photo realistic! How many polygons does it make up all toghther?