[PlugIn] 3-Way Lighting Script

hi, yes, it’s in 2.79 in the add advanced objects menu addon, button is in the add menu/lighting sets

Ok I see it now. It is very well hidden. I was looking for it in the user preference dialog

Hi @Meta-Androcto (and @Schalla). Tri-Lighting was the main reason I used to activate Add Advanced Objects in Blender 2.79. Will Tri-Lighting be updated for 2.8 soon? It’s a very convenient way to add complete lighting to a scene.

It’d also be great if there were some more options, such as being able to have Area Lights by default.

Thanks!

hi, I’ll try too look soon. I made so many collections to celebrate 2.79 it’s hard to update them all at once.

2 Likes

That’s great, many thanks in advance, much appreciated!

sorry it took a while…
trilighting.py (9.5 KB)

2 Likes

You da man, @Meta-Androcto, muchas gracias! :+1:

your welcome, It’s a good addon, helpful with fast set up lights, simple yet time saving. I was also looking at extending it to include colors and light types better but don’t have time atm. I hope you enjoy it.

1 Like

Thanks man, appreciated. If you find the time, having area lights as default lights would be very welcome too.

Hi, i fix a problem of None camera that make error,
bpy.ops.view3d.viewnumpad(type=‘TOP’) #error
bpy.ops.view3d.view_axis(type=‘TOP’) #fixed

trilighting 2.80.zip (6.0 KB)

3 Likes

I installed it on 2.8 , but I didn’t find it on object tool , can you upload a picture to show where can I find it on the panel ?

It is only avaible via the search function.
(You must first pick an Object)

1 Like

It’s ok, thank you!

1 Like

hi, the addon is now in Blender nightly builds. It is located now in the Lighting category and it has a menu entry in Add > Light menu. It will also be in 2.8 release.

5 Likes

Many thanks for the info Meta-Androcto.

1 Like

Hi @Schalla.

Could it be possible to modify the Documentation link
from: https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/
to: [PlugIn] 3-Way Lighting Script

in bl_info paragraph :
"wiki_url": "https://blenderartists.org/t/plugin-3-way-lighting-script/587240",

The button currently leads to the depreciated blender 2.6 documentation.
Thank you.

1 Like

Do I need to restart Blender 2.81 for it to appear in the Object list and do I need to be in a certain mode (Object/Edit) or tab?