Portrait.

Thank you all so much for your kind feedback!
@Blend Master
I’m seriously considering buying a good mic so I can make some tutorials for you guys :smiley: It’s the least I could do for the community that’s given me so much.

In the meantime, text will have to suffice. For anyone who is interested, here is a link to a “Making of” that I wrote for the CG site treddi.com (I believe it can be viewed in English and Italian) https://www.treddi.com/en/cms/making-of/making-of-black-man-portrait/3044/ This is a fairly brief overview, but it does show some detailed screenshots particularly of my Skin shader setup, hair setup, and lighting. I hope you find something of interest…
@mrford3rd: See the above link for some info on how I approached the hair :slight_smile:

thank you,
-Guss (Rico) :wink:

Awesome work!! great use of nodes

Amazing. I hope one day I’m 1/10 as good as you.

After I get better with mechanical modeling things like this are my next goal. Such good work, to get a balance of real and exaggerated isn’t easy and you nailed it!

OhMyGosh… it’s amazing! How long did it take you to do it?

this is where the cup runneth over. this is the holy grail

Great work. Very realistic.

Such a nice image

Insane that its your “attempt”
it looks like the guy is going to pop out of my screen and grab me

Amazing work! Great lighting, great model, great materials!

Love the detail; it gives a lot of character, especially with the facial hair and wrinkles

Wonderful Project! Thanks for sharing the node set up.

I feel a lifetime of pain with this portrait. Thanks for sharing the vulnerably!

Pretty impressive work!

I probably have told you already but I totally love this Rico :slight_smile: You are a brilliant artist mate!

Just… impressive.

Amazing !!!

wow this looks really good man. great work!

Great job on the beard and hair. So realistic!

Super awesome! The composition of the face is very interesting; its not often you find a mix of realism and cartoon done this well.