QuickPrefs - Access from side panel to Lighting Presets & often changed preferences

Great news, thanks! QuickPrefs is really great!

On a side note, I noticed you’re also in Los Angeles. You should come by the next LA Blender users group meeting. :slight_smile:

I would but I am no longer there! I spent 7 years in LA doing the game industry thing, but wife had a great job opportunity in Atlanta so we took the plunge. Say “Hi” to Brian Rogers for me if he shows up…cool guy that is totally into Blender even though he’s mostly a Maya guy.

Updated in trunk contrib - I’m not totally confident there are no bugs, but it seems to be working for most situations. I wanted to get it into sculptor hands quickly now that dyntopo is in. If you see anything crazy, be sure to tell me!

If you don’t have a trunk build you can always grab it here: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/3D_interaction/QuickPrefs

Seems to me the latest version doesn’t work after opening a new file or reopening Blender.

The defaults are not saved, leaving a empty list. Or, if you “Save to Blend File” and then save the file or save user defaults, then the presets are there but none of their individual settings are. They all just act like the default.

I’m also in LA now, hoping to join the usergroup sometime! Any plans for the next meeting date?

Thanks for the report Jonathan. I think I fixed it. It’s a bit strange now with the separated userprefs/default file. Be sure to save both and the “New File” functionality should be working then.

Opening other files should be now fixed too. I’m assuming you are unchecking the “load UI” checkmark.

Also note the load priority: Blender File->Presets Folder->Defaults
I usually export all the presets and any custom presets with the “Export All” button. This way, the addon will grab stuff from the folder instead of populating defaults.

Also be sure to note the “Save to Blend” actually just stores the preset in the blend, but won’t save the preset in the blend until you actually save the file.

Please tell me if you find anything else goofy. The reports from users are extremely helpful.

Also if you guys have some presets you find super useful, it would be awesome if you could share and then I can put them as defaults in the addon.

I was about to send you the meetup page, but then saw you already found it and rsvp’ed! :slight_smile:

And thanks for getting this up and running so fast, liquidape!

Thanks for the quick fix! It seems to be working now :slight_smile:

Hey all. I’ve had a request to update the “Orange Clay” preset with a new version. I’m just curious if anybody loves the old version. If so, I’ll keep it and just add the new one, otherwise, I’ll replace it, (and keep the presets minimized and to the point)

I’m not attached to it myself, so I’d be ok with you changing it. I made my own that I like, plus I like the one that is more skin colored.

The existing orange clay scheme is not bad at all, though i often modify the light settings depending on the sculpt, so if you think the new one will be better it’s good for me.

Thread re-opened at OP’s request.
Threads auto-close after 1 year of inactivity.

hi, I want to share some presets for this great addon

quickprefpresets.zip (3.83 KB)

2 Likes