Realistic long grass with Yafaray ( with .blend )

Very nice scene, especially the rocks…

Incredible work on the grass and the rocks, this is definately a good image even though Yafaray doesn’t support Blender strand particles.

wonderful, i’would like to make a nap in this nature

Thanks ! :slight_smile:

The grass is too straight and stiff. Stones look like brains to me… Nevertheless - interesting test.

That’s the most convincingly ‘rugged’ grass I’ve yet seen, really great work! :yes: (and thankyou for sharing the .blend)

Not at all sure why rozmiarek thought of brains… the rocks look exactly like limestone boulders should do to me, even down to the vegetation and weathering patterns. (see linky not a great pic but the best a quick google would do)

The only minor thing I could crit on the image: the rock at the right hand edge has some grass strands that look like they’re actually coming out of the rock, fine in itself but the length of them means that the sun lit ends stick out a bit more than it appears they should do.
But it took about 2hrs of having it as my desktop background for me to notice that. :spin:

Not at all sure why rozmiarek thought of brains…

I don’t know if it’s right to talk about the stones though the test is focused on the grass. Still I couldn’t find pictures of limestone boulders, that would look similar to those on the rendered image. Perhaps it’s because of the wrong shader, perhaps because of too bubble-look-like shape.

good work on the grass. Also, I love the suzannes.

king!

awesome effect :slight_smile:

:Dthe oringinal scene i rendered in blender2.49 internal

not bad result
urtra fast !!
1 min 20 sec

i rendered it in jaguarandi’s raytrace optimization build
it takes me 1min 45 sec

don’t know how to make the grass grow up ??

is there any tutorial for the scene??

Attachments

beautiful grass, very interesting test :wink:

You could kind of cheat on the growing by animating a ground plane (linked to the camera movement) moving down to reveal the grass.

very nice looking grass…

Dude, you seriously just stepped outside and took a photograph of the local landfill…

Awsome job :slight_smile:

Very photo realistic