(realtime) Boom - BlenderDoom :)

LOL that’s the first thing I thought of when I saw these shots!

Anyway, nice job! Looks almost like the stuff I get with UE3, TAKE THAT NEXT GEN ENGINES!

wow endi normally i have verrry very nagative stuff to say but after watching this i,m all out of words nice job man this is really awesome especially for realtime

i just hope my p4 and 1 gig of ram can handle this (awesomework just awesome)

I’d worry more about the video card than processor and ram, in this case

looks great, amazing work

Wow! As awesome as a blender render, and more awesome than many!
Except by the aliasing :frowning: anyone know of anti-aliasing in BGE???
EDIT:

Yeah, but do they run at 5 FPS??? BGE is looking like that because of the GLSL thing. But, how old is the “GLSL thing” when it could do that?

You can use antialias, just turn on at your videocard settings.
But the realtime AA is ugly…

Just need some optimization and it will be golden. Think about it, I free open source Game Engine, on the same level as major engine… It’s getting there soon!

Not in the same level.
In a higher level! The logic bricks can solve some things really fast, it uses the Python Programming Language as a scripting language, it’s all in one package…

yeah but to a company that wants to make a commercial game, its lower BECUASE of logic bricks. They want everything under control. Everything. Commercial Games cannot rely on something such as logic bricks, what if there was a big loop in some logic brick that caused them to loose about 5 fps? If they were programming in C++, they would see that much more faster.

:eek:

Incredible! It’s obvious you put a lot of work into the details. I bet setting up all the different maps took forever though… It would be cool to have a system that could create normal, specular, and diffuse maps from images and automatically create a material with the proper texture channels and “spec”, “nor”, “col”, etc. options enabled. That would save people a lot of time.

Anyway, this gets 5 stars from me.

The BGE has a really bright future ahead of it = )

If you want you can write a module in C++ for the BGE XD

gasp

I just don’t know what to say. I want to cry… it’s so beautiful…

Endi, you made me totally speechless.

Can we move this to the gallery ?

Very pretty, good job . :slight_smile:

A perfect presentation of GameBlender’s graphical abilities.
Five stars.

Beautiful, both the artwork and effects.
Your getting 5fps average, is dof the main cause or shadows?
A lowered settings in mpan’s best dof shaders(dof1+dof2) can give me silk smooth 75 fps(vsync capped) at 1440x900 and still look stunning.

(I’ve said this too many times but here goes) Unreal Kismet uses nodes for just about everything. It’s very similar to logic bricks. I think Crytek uses nodes also.

i just came.

i also now believe in magic.

Yeh thats a good idea actually.
Would be good to see this in the gallery.

Thank you for all reply.

Short tutorial:
All models baked from hi-poly to low-poly - maybe you think this is much more work, but this is not true. Making a hi-poly model faster than painting textures. Hi-poly AO used in color map and in specular map, so color and specular map texture multiplied by the AO.
I use big textures: no need to make many materials, because I have only two. One for the walls, floors, ceilings, pillar blocks and a second to other objects. This is faster than loading-saving many small textures, and setting many materials…

Look this picture:
http://www.etyekfilm.hu/boom_minitutor.jpg