Realtime Texture Switching

Hi,

Very helpful post, and .blend - I was wondering if you know, can the same technique be applied to a movie texture on a plane, or on the side of the box as was in the original example in this thread?

I want to be able to switch which video is displayed on a mesh using keyboard keys much the same as switching the images above.

I also was wondering on a somewhat similar note, is it possible to animate the position of a texture continuously on a plane? i.e. I have an image and i want it to automatically and continuously move across the side of the cube. It’s a seamless repeating texture, so it could just "slide"slowly across the surface from left to right (always).

Any ideas or threads I should check out would be awesome - thanks!

Valentin

I’d really like to mess around with this, but the link for the 2.5/6x download seems to be broken… Or maybe just because I’m on a mac… Might that be an issue? Thanks.

Hi, can someone send me functionnal blend (in-game texture switching) for blender 2.49b.
My email adress (for send the .blend):
[email protected]

Thx

i am searching a way how to change textures and find this @.@ . This is great! Thanks all and haidme for the example file