Rigged Character Demo Blender 2.5

thanks for adding the recent IK/FK tuts, and the controller switch tuts, yours are some of the best i’ve seen on setting up the nuts&bolts of rigs. thanks :slight_smile:

I wonder if the control points on curves for spline IK is in there already

Wow thanks, Tleave! Although I dont quite fully understand it all yet, Im sure I will when I start to really get into animation. :smiley: Also I read the whole wiki article. It had some really helpful tips that I didnt even think about.

I got a chance to watch all of these over the Holidays… really great stuff! Thanks again!

very interesting to see more functions for armature

would it be possible to download theses video so i can look at it several times to lbetter learn
cause it’s going relatively fast and difficult to learn it by playing it only ounce

Thanks

You can easily do it from your browser.

First, watch the full video. Then, go to your browser’s cache.

If you are using IE, go to TOOLS->InternetOptions->Browsing History->Settings->View files.

You are looking for the FLV or SWF file. You can play these using Adobe’s Media Player (free) or VLC.

If you use Chrome, it’s trickier (since they store them in a cache file without an extension) but still possible.

@ marK

hope your right i would like that to save this

now i’m on vista 32 bits

i found it in options

but cannot fnd the AVI video in list of file

i can see lots of ICO

what sort of name should i be looking for ?

i did find a utube open seach line
but that;s not a file ?

anyother way to see this file ?

is there a fodler whre it is temp saved ?

Thanks

Works with Vista as well. I’ve done it on XP, Vista and Windows 7… it is an IE thing, not an OS thing.

Your problem is that you are looking for an AVI file… that’s not what you are watching. tleave2000’s videos are FLV files (Flash Streaming Video format…) as I stated in the above post:

You are looking for the FLV or SWF file. You can play these using Adobe’s Media Player (free) or VLC.

The file name is random. Don’t look for it, look for the extension. It helps to sort by size, since they have a tendency to be the largest files in your cache folder. An easy way of doing it would be to start by clearing your cache first, then going to you tube to watch the video. When it is finished, look in cache. There will be fewer files to look through then.

BTW, you don’t need to actually watch the video, but it must finish caching. I usually will start the video and then hit pause… you can see the video caching by watching the progress bar. When it is finished, the file is fully cached.

After you copy it out of your cache, rename it to something appropriate. As I said, the file name will be a random thing… but the extension is correct (and you must keep th extension if you want to easily watch it with Adobe).

I pulled every video out of cache and watched them all in Adobe Media player just yesterday. (You can get this for free at: http://www.adobe.com/downloads/)

It works. It just takes a little digging and persistence on your part.

EDIT: I think later versions of IE don’t work on youtube videos… Chrome still works, though. You need to look in the user’s application cache. The files have no extension, but if you go by date and size, you can figure out which file it is… add an FLV extension and rename it… that does work… it is what I did…

ok theses video gives a very good intro to rigging under 2,5

now is there a small video showing how to attch or parent a character to this armature
shwong how to and where to find all the vars and set th weighting a factor to get smooth
animatin wihtout too much kinking in the different parts of the character

that would complete this intro very well on rigging under 2.5

also i saw on Durian some new features for auto rig for hands ect…

are there any small video 10 minutes max showing how to use theses ?

Thanks

where can you find the panel to add all teh bones names in 2.5

Thanks

You can press N to bring up the properties panel in the view port. The Item section should be at the top and you can rename bones there.

I think that the basic process of parenting an armature to a mesh is quite similar in 2.5 and 2.49b. However the weight painting tools have been moved to the tool panel which you can bring up in the 3D view port by pressing T. As for tips and tricks to make the weights nice: use dual quaternion skinning! That’s a big win : ). The bone heat auto skinning thing is also pretty good but last time I tried it in Blender 2.5, I couldn’t get it to work. That was a while ago though, so maybe it’s been fixed by now.

But if you wanna do the weight painting by hand then I have a few tips too. I like to start with everything at zero and paint in a really organised way. One thing that really helps with that is if your mesh has clean topology ie nice edge loops and mostly quads (a few tris are fine if you need them). Then you can just go up the arm, for instance, painting a set weight for each edge loop you encounter. Also I found it helps to stick to weight increments of 0.25 as a rule. That keeps things simpler. Only in a few places I go to finer increments of 0.10. And again, remember to enable quaternion skinning.

No vid yet, it’s on my list now, along with a spline ik tutorial, but I’ve gotten distracted by an fps framework project in the game engine. I hope that was somewhat useful anyway.

Please tell me where I can download the video files of this tutorial, because I do not have a permanent internet connection. I’m still new to Blender and just love it, and I need to know how you guys make these kind of caracters and riggs and the hand and foot “yellow” handlers as seen in the .blend files.

Tleave2000 you have a serious talent for communicating & presenting what would otherwise be complex matters! Hope to see you running workshops at the next Blender conference :wink:

Really? You tried and tried, but couldn’t find them?

The Videos are in the YouTube Channel listed in tleave2000’s signature!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tobuslieven#p/u/11/k5SNZJPEh0o

Seriously, if you can’t make enough effort to even look for the videos, I doubt very much that you will have the will required to learn Blender (or any 3D package…)

Don’t be rude!
He is asking how to download and be able to watch without being connected to Internet. I can’t find any download link to the videos on the “signature” (What signature???).

What I do to download videos from Youtube is use Firefox free plugin “Video DownloadHelper” and configure it to be able to download several videos (by default one at a time is configured). Then just click on the spinning icon and choose the video to download.

Thanks for the videos, I didn’t watched them yet but they look amazing.

Don’t be rude!
He is asking how to download and be able to watch without being connected to Internet. I can’t find any download link to the videos on the “signature” (What signature???).

TLeave has a signature. The link to the videos is there. It appears at the end of all of his posts… you know what a signature is, Bao2. Or you should. It’s what got you banned from CGTalk.

As for asking how to download videos – if that is what he was asking, he should have read a few posts up in the thread. RickyBlender and I had several posts describing how this is possible.

The fact is people want things handed to them on a silver platter instead of taking a little bit of time to find things on their own…

TLeave spent a lot of time creating great tutorials that he generously shared with the community. I hate to see his thread bogged down by newbs asking “Where can I find the video files?”

The tremendous effort on his part deserves to be met with at least a little effort on ours… don’t you think?

He knows where the videos are… he said he wants to DOWNLOAD them because he doesn’t have a permanent connection and he obviously can’t connect to Youtube all the time to view them.

OK… last comment on this…

RickyBlender and I discussed this a couple of posts up in this very thread. The only way the files can be “downloaded” is to get them from your cache after watching them in YouTube. You can do this as Bao2 said, with a firefox plugin. Or you can get them out of your cache in Chrome (as I explained a few posts up - and as RickyBlender was able to do, after reading the thread).

If you all are so worried about this guy, then why don’t you go host the files somewhere??? As for me – I think the answer is in this thread (several times now) and anyone who takes a little time to read it would know that.

Let he who has eyes to read… read…

Thank you for the fine, instructive, tutorials. Very helpful, well done. Please keep up the efforts. Blender 2.5 is an excellent development, but tutorials and documentation are always after the fact, so your efforts are appreciated.
Paul

just out of interest & awe,
the gobo rig is going to be used in the new/next Make Human blender script.
you can read about it here:
Gobo rig in Make Human

great job!

For all those wanting to download videos from youtube, its very simple.

Go to google and do a search for ‘Download youtube videos’. Its really that simple, I dont understand how so many people can ignore using a search engine which nearly always comes up with what you want.

The first 2 things from that search will be:

Savevid
Keepvid

They both work pretty much the same, I think you have to load the video up first, then copy the link, open one of the above sites in another tab/window, paste the video link in the proper place on the site and then download the version you want. (I usually go for the .flv, it seems to be the only one that works for me, perhaps to download the HD versions you have to first load the video in high def)

Btw Im working my way through this tutorial series as well, up to the 5th part now, very well explained, havent had any problems so far and Ive leant a lot.

Cheers!