Ron & Obi. Exploring 2D animation in Blender

The desighns aren’t really mine. It’s togepi, victry bell, and NidoKing pokemon. I took pictures from the internet and try to recreat them as closely as possibe. They took anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours a piece. So it was a long day.

I will… As soon as I get my computer repaired. I only hope I haven’t lost too much. I started working on better backgrounds and have animated a few new sequences. Each new piece helps develop the rigs and techniques.

A thought comes to mind after reading this thread–
There is more work in Freestyle output to SVG so you can do 3D assets, convert the lines to SVG and go to inkscape for styling, then back to Blender for the animation.

Awesome work there!!

I like the concept and your first effort looks amazing. Give us more when the computer is right.

Ron & Obi … :smiley: Great man… I love the style and technique you used.

It’s looking really great, can’t wait to see more!

Thanks all,

I am playing with backgrounds at the moment and have been trying to achieve a Maurice Noble style.

G

Ron and OBI learn about triangles :slight_smile:

G

Some updated backgrounds while I wait for my machine to be repaired…

Just found this, this is great stuff! Do you already have stories worked out so far, or are you still in a testing stage?

I have scripts in mind. I want these guys to teach very young children concept of colour, shape texture and size etc. They are basically the normal “of mice and men” duo, the small arrogant one and the larger guy who in my case is the smarter of the two but he doesn’t get listened to :slight_smile:

What I don’t have is any voice talent so I’m a bit stuck. That said, I’m happy building small bits and pieces as they help to improve the rigging and solve issues with the technique.

Glenn.

Waow, the result is fantastic, I LOVE IT, I WANNA TRY THAT !! Bravo !!

Very creative. I keep thinking I will play with the toon bsdf someday to see what that is all about.

What kind of voice talent are you looking for? Perhaps some of us could read the scripts for you. I would volunteer myself.

Wow! Very nice for 2D animation and love your workflow and easy…never thought of artwork as a rigs… Really cool!

I want these guys to teach very young children concept of colour, shape texture and size etc.
nice, i did a project previously about that same thing, and sure is a fun thing, although with 3d chars.

What I don’t have is any voice talent so I’m a bit stuck.
i though the project is silent, it might be an idea to do it silently with a Narrator, one other way is to record your own voice and after finishing and marketing it, you replace it with proper voices.

I have thought about a narrator and of using my own voice. I have done both with my children’s book apps but this time I want good quality if I’m to get any further than just a fun little trailer :slight_smile:

Glenn

Maybe do the whole thing with your voice as narrator, then after you get the stuff rendered you can get another voice to replace the audio track… no matter what, it is really cool looking

I get my PC back today… it’s been 7 weeks! Hopefully I can get started back on a little fun animation.

Glenn

Great work! I’m learning 2D in Blender as fast as I can, I’ve got three projects due by friday!

Where can I learn more about your rigging approach? I don’t understand what the big circles are around the rig, (I’m used to just using an armature… and, actually, not even that, I just parent the planes, set origin, and rotate them like that, without bones. I don’t like the way the bone deforms my planes.

Wow u very good with 2d on Blender well done, i always wanted to do comics on Blender but struggled so ended up just doing frame by frame drawings, but u inspire me to give it another try one more time, thank u very much for sharing your great work :slight_smile: