Shader Trunk Integration

By the way, the reason I personally never added more builtin 2D filters was never about the size of the additional filters. Currently, the 2D filter system is considered to be slow, and many of the additional filters people want to add can really slow down games. Therefore, it would make sense to optimize the 2D filter system prior to loading it up with a bunch of new filters. On top of this, many of the new filters would need adjustable parameters, something the current 2D filter system is rather bad at. So, that would also have to be fixed prior to adding more filters. The last thing to think about is the drop down list of filters. Right now it is loaded with filters people don’t use, and adding more filters to it will really clutter things up. So, should we drop filters? Should we come up with some new ui for selecting filters? Maybe something tiered or hierarchical?

Until these issues are fixed, I don’t think it would be wise to add new filters.

Why are you deleting these old posts?

The “real-time composition nodes” system is actually a long term plan at the BF I think.