Sintel The Game

I think better you make small levels. There is hard work to make good game with big levels, and BGE cant handle big levels with detailed graphics.
And think about episode system. (Short episodes with good gameplay.)
It is very hard work to make good and good playable environments.
And I think you dont follow the story of the film. Better you make original story that is good for a game. And maybe later you can make the film if you have good experience.

Endi I think they know what their doing :wink: And I think theyve done a lot more work than what their showing so far.

Also the storyline doesnt follow the movie storyline , its just based in the town in the movie with sintel as the lead character. From the game site:

Sintel – The Game takes place within the events of the movie. Sintel finds herself just outside the town of Garway. She bumps into some bandits who attack her and she is taken into the care of a kind stranger. You play as Sintel and follow her on her journey through Garway. On the way you will discover that the guards of Garway are corrupt, and help to rise against them.

Close, but actually Garway is our own made up town. It has similarities to Ishtar (the city from Sintel) but it’s much smaller. That way we don’t have to worry about the huge city rendering in the BGE.

Looks amazing so far. What kind of FPS are you getting in that town scene? Sintel looks great, btw.
gill

Okay. Then I am happy…

AWESOME!!
Lookin good from here :smiley:
Yours,
ShortK

Looks really awesome :slight_smile:

Wow, this is something for me to look forward to! :yes:

Very interesting logo. Attractive. I never play such type of games but this looks cool!
Best regards! Good Luck!

yeah the game looks great

… Lol… Some one here has too much time on his hands…
gill

Wait. Are you the same guy that did MGP? Dude! All the more proof that this game is gonna be awesome. :yes:

One of the nice things about this game is that it is one of the first projects announced in the BlenderArtists a whole, which demonstrated a huge potential. They already have a number of screenshots and assets that appear in the thread, including what appears to be Loved refined menu.

Just a critic… the model of the girl looks like she is looking at her nose all the time, you should separate a little bit the focal point.

I know right?!?! Thats what I was saying from the beginning :smiley: Can’t wait to see more!!!

BGE CAN handle big areas if you know what occluders are
( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKvuzyC30M8 )
Take a look at our Topic ‘[GameTeam]Trævaine Entertainment’

@gillstuido: The frame rate fluctuates from around 40-50 and in some cases 60. We have our own experimental LOD system, but I’m having a hard time figuring out if it actually helps frame rate or makes it worse :smiley:

@Minfig: No one man could have made MGP. I was on the programming team. I run the website and the game’s distribution. The main leaders have gone their separate ways.

@SamCameron: We’ve taken notice of all the comment to the Sintel model, and I’m happy to say most of it is fixed now. There will be a post on our blog regarding the updated model sometime in the not too distant future.

Thank you all for the support. We are amazed at the amount of people who show interest in our work. We will now work to bring everything up to a higher standard.

BGE CAN handle big areas

Indeed, check out my latest demo of COS, in my PC, the level runs at 15-25fps, and it’s as big as it can be and unoptimized, no LOD.
The trick is to have more polies than pixels. Blender seems to handle geometry better than textures. So if your textures are small and recycled, along with geometry, you can saturate one scene, and have acceptable frame rate.
Great work by the way, I’ll try to reach your standards for my game too.

Not only did some members of our team attend the pre-premiere of Sintel, but we got to show off a demo of our game to the Durian team at the Blender Institute. We made this pre-demo just for them. It was rushed so there are quite a few bugs. :eek: Keep in mind this video contains verrrry early gameplay footage.

Read more about the trip here :smiley:

The game looks like it will be great!! Its also very awesome that you guys are making it to where it is glsl, and non glsl! :smiley: