Smart Fill Addon 1.4.0 - Blender 2.9.3

Awesome update Jimmy. I just love how easy it is to grid fill a hole now with your addon. I am just wondering if it will be possible to grid fill multiple holes in the future?

Also I noticed that the addon can’t handle capping multiple holes with open borders such as this one.

I have an enormous amount of appreciation for this addon. It feels so natural even after just using it for 5 minutes that you wonder why this isn’t the default behavior in Blender already. Thank you for making this :slight_smile:

Dude you have no idea how happy that makes me, that really was my goal with this! Thanks a lot for the great feedback.
Regarding your questions,

1. grid fill several closed holes should be possible in the future to implement.
  2. capping open loops i think is more difficult but that would really make the script much better for sure! I will see what i can do about!

Really glad you liked the script!

Loving the regular updates.
Grid fill feature is a welcome addition.

thx for the new grid fill update!

Glad you guys like it, Still some features left to come. I will keep you guys updated.

Why grid fill works only in edge mode, not in vertex?

Good point i will look into that. Thanks for the feedback!

So good !

http://pitiwazou.com/screenshots/2016-02-26_16-17-20.gif

You should add a relax at the end.

http://pitiwazou.com/screenshots/2016-02-26_16-28-03.gif

I use laprelax.

Thanks for the feedback! Maybe this is a sollution,

When you grid fill:
Pressing shift + MMB scroll will offset
pressing CTRL+MMB scroll will Lap Relax? - or do you think that should be automatic?

Thanks for the feedback!

That can be in the F6 popup but a modal could be cool.
I don’t use my mouse on blender, so the scroll is never a good option for me ^^

By the way, is there a possibility to keep the F2 behavior ?

http://pitiwazou.com/screenshots/2016-02-26_18-20-58.gif

With F2 enable it’s ok for this.

I think i will use shift, mainly because “rotate” is something i use universal for that, i am also working on other scripts and they all have that in common. Regarding the popup i will do my best to add more options inside there aswell.

I have some more questions.

1. What do you mean with a modal would be cool? (I am not a programmer myself)
  2. As far as i know f2 should work with this addon?

Thanks!

A modal operator, when you press F you are in a modal and you can use multiple keys to modify the surface.

Right now you have to press F6 to see the settings and change them. With a modal you can do this directly in the 3Dview.

F > add the surface, R > rorate the surface, + and - > add segments etc.
RMB or Echap to exit.

Looptools > Bridge makes arch correctly between 2 faces without any pre face rotations.

Please record how because i can’t get that to work?

Oh thanks i see what you mean now. The thing that needs to be solved is that the operation somehow understands if reversed should be checked or not otherwise the bridge will be inverted on some examples just like in my video. Another thing with using bridge is that the arch starts to look more egg shaped where as in my example its perfect shapes. Anyway thanks for some badass feedback!

Great addon!

Thanks! Still a lot of things to be added :wink:

" Right now you have to press F6 to see the settings and change them. With a modal you can do this directly in the 3Dview."

You know that you have an option in the preferences where you can get a popup appear on your screen when you lauch this command right?

Not for the gridfill ^^