Starling Swarm

Great job! I really liked it up until the verse in Psalms, then I loved it.
It gives me great joy to find other Christians (and blender users at that).
Keep up the good work.
God Bless,
another brother in the faith, and user of free open source software.

Nice job! Very realistic; the sound helps a lot; a bit too much specular on the birds at times, and they seem a bit larger than some of the home movies I’ve seen, but an unsuspecting viewer would almost certainly take this to be real. Nice with the text as well – minimal, appropriate for the content, I think. (Good animating AND a good sensibility.)

I’ve always been impressed with the quality of your work – I’ve been following your videos (and even your “likes”) on Vimeo for a year or so now. I’ve learned a lot trailing you around. Keep it up!

LOL Okay, I got confused and watched the reference one first thinking it was supposed to be the finished animation. I thought “There’s no way that’s all CG” then I looked at the descriptions again and realized my mistake. So, I thought “Ah, that explains it.” Then I clicked on the animation thinking “Now, I’ll see the little blunders and it’ll look more like an animation…” Boy was I wrong!!!

That was really incredible and I’d love to see a tutorial pdf or preferably video on how to do that!

Great job!

And great sentiment! It’s good to hear positive messages of faith.

Whoa!!!

http://usdoj.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/

This is the link that I was forwaded to when I clicked the links to your blend files.

O.o

Isn’t there another site set up by blender to share blender files?

So now that megaupload.com is no longer under operation, it would be awesome if the blener files for this project could be reposted!

Great work on the composition eversimo, and thanks for posting the files in the first place!

I too was surprised to see that megaupload.com was no longer in service :frowning: Is there anyway these blend files can be re-uploaded somewhere else? I think the work is amazing and I would love to see what’s going on behind the scenes!

I’ve re-uploded the .blends. See the first post and feel free to download. :slight_smile:

Wow thats some awesome animation, first time i saw it i thought it was the real deal! SUper thanks for sharing the files, im gonna check them and hopoe i understand and learn something of them

Nice work.
Any alternative to .blend files (4shared wants a registration)?

Can someone explain briefly how fluid particles were used for this? Awesome animation of flocking birds. I’m not a god believe myself but hey ho thats not the point here really. Great work.

Register and afterwards stop it :wink:

They are all gone. I will reupload them and find a way to host if someone wants to send them to me.

This is beautiful work! Congratulations!

I would need exactly something like this for a personal project and am at a loss recreating this. Any chance of a reupload please? That would be a huge help.

Sorry… I was not receiving notifications from this thread…
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_J9kUyPSQ2IMfoKBJLiKQ0SlYfQ2MhbS?usp=sharing
Here are the files.
WARNING
These files are from 2011 and I don’t even remember the blender version… it will need some tweaks for sure.