Steampunk Nemean Lion

Awesome work!

Glad to see this finished jeep, and I’m kinda glad you don’t have vray/mental ray, cause it made you render in BI, and this is showing off blender really well!

Definately gallery work! 5*s

The detail is amazing, but noticing the problems at high res. Let me explain.

-The rock texture looks low-res at that big a resolution, you could’ve used procedurals to augment the rock texture to make it sharper and higher-res.
-There’s quite a bit of specular aliasing, and specular errors especially around the feet, you reallly should’ve tried to use a mix of full OSA in the materials and FSA for the scene. that would probably get rid of several, if not all of the aliasing problems.

At the thumbnail res. it looks pretty good, but some areas at full-res. are ruined by aliasing.

The detail is amazing though, sure maybe various areas like in the back of the mouth could use more of a contrast in shading it did come out good.

thanks again!
i appriciate all of your posts :slight_smile:
cyborgDragon: yeah I totally agree with you. There are definately some parts that I would have worked on, had I been given more time (although i shouldn’t really complain, I hadtwo months :frowning: ) and again, rendering at such a high resolution was tough. I was playing around with OSA/FSA settings but with a render that took 4 hours to complete, I was kinda resentful to change it :confused:

oh well. at least I’m learning about doing hi-res stuff! I’ll be more careful with this kind of thing for my next project :slight_smile:

truly fantastic work :slight_smile: , 5 stars :slight_smile:

Oh wow!
LOD is incredible!
But sadly, this was posted in the wrong forum . . . it’s supposed to be in the gallery!

thanks mfox and eels! :smiley:

it’s supposed to be in the gallery!

haha i hope!

Whoa! Thats awesome! So many little bitty gears and spinys and twirls and stuff. That’s freakin insane. Now make an animation :evilgrin: It will amuse me.

wow that looks fantastic, especially the modelling part.
your name stands under the term “detail” in every encyclopaedia.
its a pitty that this great work (5 stars btw) has little overdriven spec shading, many details get lost by that, but don´t you worry!

For some random reason, I remember lion king, obviously. ^^ So as @ndy’s Creature Factory. ^^ awesome job.

Wow, very strong in many ways. Good job!

Give him a run cycle!
it would take years to render, but so worth it!

heh I am such a big fan of stream tech and this is such a good vision of it I am just going to lavish praise :slight_smile:

Great idea, thank you for attempting this and risking showing it in public :slight_smile:

The detail level is wonderful, its quite fun thinking through stream tech physics imo :slight_smile:

Lets face it heh, metal is always going to be a problem with reflections unless you want to wait 50 hours for a physical simulation, I think this piece is a good compromise. I am biased of course because I like the subject :slight_smile:

Honestly I think this one is worth two months of work, I bet you learned a lot even though you are clearly a good modeler regardless.

Anyway, again great idea, thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Great stuff man! :RocknRoll:

Moved to the gallery.

Great work Jeepster.

BgDM

Amazing job Jeepster!

Congratulations on the gallery move! Hope you do well on CGTalk.

Wow it’s great, I love it!!
All the detail makes it look like Hefaistos himself created it. I also really like the background, it gives a wonderful dramatic look.
5 stars

lol sick stuff man… :smiley:

incredible - 5 stars

Awesome work. Hercules is in trouble.

Epic. Likely to become my new desktop (at least on one monitor). Very cool.

anyone else reminded of the show “Zoids”? As for the model :eek: Sweet!