Super Blenderello

Superb modeling.

really cool, poly flow is so clean looks like sculpt!!!

Well that is sweet sire! I wish my anatomy and topology would be as good as yours! Is it for blenderguru competition or just personal project?

looks really good. The feet do feel a tad bit thick to me. Almost overweight in nature, bulging a little on the top as opposed to cut.

Thank you guys for your feedbacks ! :slight_smile:
Yes, I like guys with wide shoulders and narrow waist… Maybe it’s a little too much… I’ll see that… :slight_smile:

ThorntonStrolia: You are completely right about the feet… I’ve done them a bit quickly, they’ll need work during the sculpt process. Thanks !! :wink:

Orux: Thanks! :slight_smile: No, it’s just a personal work.

So here’s the next step, the beginning of the sculpting.

Just the start. I’ll do a first part like this, on the whole model, and then, another sculpt just for the skin pores and tiny wrinckles.
I’ll have to separate the mesh in several parts.
Now, I have 12 millions polygons when I’m sculpting the whole body. And Blender crashes if I subdivide it one more time.

So I’ll have to cut the mesh at least in half to sculpt the tiny details…

Alex

Wow, this is fantastic! You’re very talented.

Only concern I have is the geometry just below the pectorals, on the rib cage. You have bunch of 6-sided polls, and the geometry appears to unnecessarily go from dense to not so dense to dense again. While this area doesn’t deform much, this might be an issue if/when you go to animate it.

Everything else looks perfect, though. Quality stuff!

just stunning. You must have worked very hard to achieve such a result. Such a fine model and the detail is amazing. I dig the lighting too. I don’t know that I could ever model like you have here. I hope you will do more work and share them with us.

Thanks for posting , I feel inspired.

amazing result, but did you do any retopology? cause 12 million is too high.

ErikScott, Yes, I didn’t know if it was sucha good idea to follow the flow of the muscles to do the topology… I was more a challenge than anything else actually. I see now, as I’m sculting to bring details that it was good in a way and bad in others…
If I need to correct something, the topology is so oriented that I have to destroy this topology, which is a bit ridiculous…

But anyway, I’ll go on like this… I’m trying to make also the change in the topology when I have problems…

Thanks, James, happ you like.
Kimozz, the 12 millions poly is when the esh is at the top of subdivision (level 5). Without that, the model is about 12 000 polygons, which is quite low for a complete character like this.
And 12 millions, when you want to sculpt with details on an entire body is not that much either, I think…

out of curiosity how long did it take to render?

A fine start of the sculpting. I guess you are using multires for this final details?

Yes, that’s a really good poly count.

I read that you must split the mesh to do the fine details. But being able to sculpt on six millions is really something. May I ask what hardware you are using to be able to have such a high vertex count for sculpting. Do you experience any lagging or did you enable “fast navigation”?

Keep up the good work.

About 3mn. I baked the normal and did the render at subdivision level 2.
It will be much, much more when the SSS will be added to the shader… No more GPU then…

Minoribus, I have an i7 4770 with a 780Ti, 16G ram. It’s my first Windows PC, I used to work on Mac.
I disabled fast navigate, actually, and I have no lag at all when I’m sculpting.

I have some lag at 12 millions if I want to sculpt with a matcap. It’s sad because it’s more pratical than the basic shader… I wonder if it’s normal that it lags that much with a matcap by the way… Maybe there’s a specific setting I don’t know…

Woah. Jesus Christ. You, sir, are commended.

Okay, welp, back to work on mine!

:spin:

Hello everyone,

So I continued the sculpt and began the High Res sculpt.
I baked the normals and here’s the result.

Oh, and I also started the armature so I can pose the character now.

There is some issues with the arm. The modeling of the arm was maybe to detailed… I should have done something more basic, to be able to sculpt more freely… Maybe I’ll redo the arms, I’ll see…

Comments are, of course, welcome! :wink:

Alex

It’s great to see the model fully and posed, he has a very powerful, Godlike physique. I really like the vascularity of the hands and forearms, as well. At this stage, he reminds me of Dr. Manhattan in some ways. Brilliant progress!

Is there a bit of Channing Tatum in the face or is that just coincidence? Either way, it looks great!

Are you referring to the lack of striations? A male who is 15-18% would have nowhere near that level of vascularity.

According to who? Body fat percentage is just an average, it has nothing to do with body fat distribution (which is anything but the same). It’s typical for males to store most of their body fat in the upper body (i.e. torso), and vice versa for females. Don’t take my word for it though, book an appointment for a DEXA scan (or look at other peoples results), as it will be the best indicator.

Just brilliant! :slight_smile:

Great model!
Beautiful proportions … reminds me of the body of Frank Zane
Also excellent sculpting and detail.

Oh wow. Awesome work! Very clean and professional.

Most excellent work!!