Sweet stuff (throwing some food at Vray)

I hate you! Do you have any idea how my mouth is watering right now? I haven’t even eaten yet… oh gawd, the humanity of it!!!

You should be shot on sight for doing this to another human being… chocolate…

i can even smell it…

how can you render smell?.. you contemptible daemon!!!

AAAAAAAARGH!

Scratch and Sniff-> XXXXXXXXXXXXXX Smells like glass, eh?

Looks like reality…
make it better.:wink:

In my country we’d say something like: “Te fuiste a la mierrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdaaaa con ese render!!!”.
The traduction would be something like: “You gone to great shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttt with that render!!!”.
This phrase illustrates the complete jaw drop of mine and the size of my eyes when looking that.

Well seriously now:
Incredible render. None to say that haven’t been said.

That does it. You, sir, are too realistic for your own good. You’ve achieved the Holy Grail of CGI, photorealism. I now give you a new challenge: make something really stylized.

I’m serious here. This is how art school works. You’ve accomplished your goal, man, now it’s time for a new challenge. Do some serious stylized stuff.

Heh, thanks for giving us your recipes BbB :slight_smile:

Very good work as always.

Its funny but my initial reaction was that the textures were Too detailed in fact, weird response I know, I think it is because I am reacting to the level of detail that I am not sure could be captured with a Camera…this feels more like a “mind photo” to me.

I don’t agree with PlantPerson’s first statement about achieving the grail of photo realism because it would not be a grail if you could achieved :wink:

Also, there are to many nit-picky biased issues with mainly the glass that I refused to go into because its not the point and as you have stated in the past BbB you accept the compromises etc.

Anyway that is beside the point…I do agree that a artist should try various modes, I remember being forced to do that in art school and feeling really bad about the results.

The food does look very yummie.

I am going to parse this one as a painting in fact, I like it a lot :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing.

I usually don’t like photorealistic/viz stuff at all, but I have to say this time I’m amazed.

Dear God. This has to be one of the best 3D renders I’ve ever seen. I beg you… no I DEMAND… ok I beg… an in depth tut. Please, help us feed the children. 5*

Even at second look, these pics are mind blowing.
Kudos on making the front page on CGTalk!

Oh my, didn’t even notice that. First time ever. That’s nice!

Thanks again to all who dropped by for the kind, constructive and interesting comments.

Incredible! Never would have believed it’s CG!
5+ Stars!

The colors are a bit dry and close to desaturated, but the presentation, framing, and focus is just awesome! I remember my friend’s food photographs on this. Always an incredible job, BbB. :slight_smile:

Congrats for been plugged @ cgtalk!

Just…
Just…

:eek:

This just has to be added to the gallery’s both here and on blender.org. Please please someone add them :smiley:

I’m still not convinced that you’re not just a good photographer. :smiley:

I wish to see wires!!!
:slight_smile::slight_smile:

hmm we can see what you got for dinner… now where is the 3D stuff??

OMG THAT LOOKS SOOOOOOOO REAL

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the comments.
Here are some viewport grabs.

Attachments

Oh my! This is awesome!

OH , LORD !!! , fantastic !!!