Tablet Problem (strafing)

• remove -

It’s worth noting that that ergonomics article never even references putting the tablet in your lap rather than on the desk- you can then put the keyboard wherever is most comfortable and hold your tablet arm at a comfortable height. (It works best if you practice good posture and, if you need, put a little pillow on your leg to rest your elbow to avoid repetitive strain to your shoulder)

But yes, emulate middle mouse is a godsend for tablets. Alt+tap to rotate, shift+alt+tap to pan. (ctrl+alt+tap to zoom). I have hotkey buttons on my tablet but a keyboard is much more convenient, especially with a program like Blender that is so hotkey and typing oriented.

But if you set it to “emulate 3-button mouse”, then you’d have to switch that off when you went back to using your regular mouse, right?

No, the option doesn’t disable anything so both can be used.

I set it to emulate 3-button mouse, but still couldn’t get it to pan.

Maybe it’s just my tablet. Either way, I’m burnt out on trying and will just use the keyboard.

I know this is a very old post, but I am having this exact problem with my Huion Kamvas 13. CTRL works on the buttons and in blender (zooming), but not the SHIFT key. Shift works in other programs, so I figured it’s a problem with Blender not recognizing the tablet’s shift shortcut. It’s so strange. This is the only post I could find that talked about this problem.

Btw, I really would like this solved, as I am left handed and the keyboard idea would not be as convenient if I’m using the tablet at the same time.