The art collector Game (Als Honours)

Hi all, its wednesday and i have finished the game. Im still calling it beta till a few more ppl play test it but here it is :
Might have to right click save as(windows only) and sorry its huge becase it has 4 or 5 gallary levels
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1993209/the%20art%20collector%20beta1.zip

Ounce im happy that its not buggy il upgrade it to finished and post on the finished games page:D
Feedback is appreaceated and welcome :smiley:

Hope you guys like it , Im goign to make a video trailer soon too

No way! Canā€™t wait to play it.

Iā€™ll edit this post once Iā€™ve given it a play :stuck_out_tongue: Cool.

Edit:
Finally got to play.
What I like about this game more than many other games in the WIP section is that you finished! It may have been a short game but I enjoyed it for what it was, I liked all the different art styles, the music and the voices. Good job :slight_smile:

Crit:
I would add collision detection on the camera, it gets little bit annoying when the camera goes inside walls.

Cool!

I played through the game and I have to say, it was very impressive. Very original design and overall idea. It looks great and ran very smoothly for me.

As far as bugs go I only found one: when you jump on, for instance, the table in the pop art painting, the character stays in the fallings position as if he never landed. Iā€™m not sure if your aware of this already.

As for gameplay, overall it was enjoyable, though it could have been more challenging.

All in all, great job!

Thanks , ye i fels good to finish something. And there is collision on the camera , but in the pop art level in particular it clips through the doors coz the rooms too small and the doors ahve collision turned off so you can walk through them.
And ye its short, but i think it dose what it needs to do , tries to tell a story and experemtn with art along the way .
Glad you liked it :smiley:

Ye i know about the table thing , part of the template i used goes into the falling state at the edge of objects whitch is weird but u basicaly just didint add a flore property to some objects coz you shouldnt relay be standing on them anyway and its almost as if hes sliding off
Ye i didnt want to make it to hard as its for my university showcase and didint want people playing it to feel like they were doing bad, and its more of a story and visual experience than a chalenging game.(you cant die)

Hi all just to say the link is down right now , dropbox sed i was getting to much trafic and suspended my public links :S dose anyone know of any good large filehosting sites with little adds?
thanks and sorry if you wana play right now!

New donwload link:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/23133999/the+art+collector+beta1.zip

New game play video, beta2

Betterframerate worse quality :stuck_out_tongue:

With audio.

Adventure time-ish characters!!!

I LOVE THIS GAME! :smiley:
love your style wallmasterr :smiley:

How did you do the nice outlines on everything??? is it using a script or are those textures?

I enjoyed playing this. I love the visual style!

I hope the tutorial series on unrealistic rendering starts very soonā€¦

YOUR SHADERS ARE JUST EPICā€¦I really loved the lookā€¦

glad you liked it :smiley:

Actualy the outlines dont use nodes, and some of the effects are purely textures, im working on gettin up to speed with the BGE in 2.6x thenow. Getting my head round the action switching diffectence between 2.4.and 2.6. but stay tuned , iv started righting up a plan for the first video.

I hope the tutorial series comes soonā€¦Im really really excited on how to do that texturing technique :smiley:

Beta 2_2 is online, link here:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/23230603/the+art+collector+beta2_2.zip

just a couple of fixes and a little redesign of some levels.

any new tutorials wallmasterr??

Hi no new tutorials yet , been buisy .

This game ā€œThe Art Collectorā€ has won a creative loop award :smiley:
heres the ink to creative loop. http://www.creativeloop.org/winners-2013-creative-scotland-student-media-awards/
heres me getting the award:

Congratulations! This game is defiantly worthy of recognition - very nice concept :wink:

WOWā€¦good job wallmasterrā€¦