The Cabin

Just took a look at the other entries in the CGchallenge. Yours is definitely the best!
Great work - i Love how the sky blends with e blue grass.

I second that! I would love to see a higher res version of this image. :yes:

While I certainly do not want to rain upon the parade of an image that has rightly earned a place within the Gallery … I do observe that this image seems to have benefited, not once but twice, from cropping.

This image has two main visual hot-spots: the magnificent stars; and the cabin.

The stars outshine, and outweigh, the cabin. When they are cropped-down, I think the picture is improved.

In-between the cabin and the stars … is a tree …which, curiously, is mostly a blank spot. While it is certainly justifiable to say that “a tree, thusly situated, would be like that,” it is nevertheless interesting to consider whether the image might be improved if the tree had some definite (say, reddish) color-statement to make of its own.

yay orange and blue :slight_smile:

Wow! Thanks a lot for making this the banner! I thought that the my thread had gone down under and I checked ba last night and wow! Thank you!

killa2471, it took me about 1 and a half months to do this.

sundialsvc4, I wish I did something with that tree. Towards the end I hardly had any time at all. I wanted the star light to shape the tree a little better than what it is and have some orange on it as well.

And had it been of a higher resolution I still would’ve been rendering this. It took the best out of my laptop!

T.

This makes me want to cry… (in a very good way)
This is art.

looks good

will you make a pdf tutorial of how do do this or something similiar in the future

This is gorgeous. Great work!

ElijahBear, edwin, effstops, thank you! edwin, I’d love to make one! Give me some time though, I’m up to my neck with suff!

T.

I’m going to disagree about fading the background. I think you are going for a kind of magical mood here so it is fine if it looks like it is floating in space. You could add a subtle orange horizon glow maybe. It would be tragic to blur out that beautiful bg. Well, an exaggerated bokeh might be interesting but I want to see the stars and bokeh sky would make the cabin look like a miniature.

I would prefer if lights were on inside the cabin rather than that 1 on the outside.

Air purifier - tips and trics!

A perfect dream! I love this kind of artwork…

This has such a nice feel of colors. Colors have a feel of : Van Gogh’s Starry Night over Rhone.

It is compositionally speaking really,really balanced. How the milky way descends onto the tree… “and the tree onto the house”, nice manner of aranging the quantity of cold and warm lights…Also, really sensibile type of making the eye walk through the image.

You can totally ignore this side of my post if your intentions where to convey that exact feeling i am pointing out as beeing a flaw.

The only downside to the image is the point where the hill (blue part) touches the sky. There is no sensation of depth to it. no hazy gloom (fuzzy coloured grays) … where the hillside vanishes into the dark of the stray night. It seems to flatten the image(abrupt change in depth). It creates a rupture.
Just like the house and grass are a little stone floating through open galactic space. But , i can easily overcome this because of the dense and well structured Visual composition and fealfull LIGHTING. The lighting in itself is simply like a dream come true. Here you go … this is my opinion in short.

Thanks for the reply. You’re comparing it with a Van Gogh!

I got the inspiration from this picture by Ted Nasmith.

I was planning on adding a distance haze but somehow forgot to add in the final comp. I just liked the final comp so much I forgot the haze and stopped doing stuff to it

thats quite a piece of work, beautiful, i must say, simply beautiful.

Thats incredibly beautiful, reminds me of camping outside where you can see the stars :slight_smile:

Magnificent!!

Beautiful.