To Anti-Alias or not to Anti-Alias - That is the question!

Excellent! Thanks very much! I’ve now made the decision to read all future release notes… even if half of it goes over my head… I’m learning! :smiley:

The Photoshop alternative would be to right-click the alpha image in layers and select the layer transparency. Then select menu>feather by 1 pixel. Then select>inverse and cut. For smoother edges you can optionally do select>contract before feathering.

I don’t know why Photoshop doesn’t have an option to anti-alias a layer to the background while merging down. I’ve seen plug-ins that do that but I think it should be built-in.

In Macromedia Fireworks do what it says on this page:

Correct!

The older versions of Blender used to “Fake” ortho by moving the camera away by a factor of 100 and scaling the viewing angle down by the same factor so that the objects appeared closer together.

They fixed it someware around 2.7 so that it’s now a true ortho. If you want it the other way, don’t use ortho!

(PS: I use ortho when I want a “2D” looking version of a 3D scene. This can be useful if I want to render something to use as a texture or a plan)

More Info Here