toki46 - Sketchbook

Thanks for loving my sketchbook. :o

Blender Cookie “Exercise: Creating a Topiary”
http://cgcookie.com/blender/2014/01/24/exercise-creating-a-topiary/

Fur exercises.

Some Test with metaball using particles system.

Cactus

Chinese Dumpling

Fan Art: Vagabond (manga)

Very diverse, and excellent results all round. Good stuff! :slight_smile:

There is some very nice stuff here, a lot of experience in texturing and lighting on display it seems like.

I agree with Matt; a diverse selection of images with some having models that can actually be tricky to get right.

Good work.

P.S I recognise the “Industrial Hall” environment map on the coke and tennis ball, that one has been utilised by several people in the dyntopo thread (including me). :wink:

ok… I like you already for the vagabond manga bit :P. clean renders too, good job in here.

Amazing work very color and pretty :slight_smile:

Blender Matt - Thanks, indeed is diverse, I’m still finding my way of what I’m good at. Yeah, is the “Industrial Hall” environment map~ :smiley:

Ace Dragon - Thanks, appreciate that you like my stuff. :slight_smile:

OX-Gears - Thanks, I’m a fan of Inoue Takehiko. :smiley:

AIBlender - Thanks, and appreciate that you share my stuff on your Google+ page. :slight_smile:

Holy cow, toki46! I wish I had seen this thread sooner! My favorite threads are the ones with a diverse amount of high quality work, but usually that work is created by a group of people, not an individual! I really enjoy looking at the pictures you’ve posted here. If you continue as you are, you surely have the potential to become a master.

Thanks, James Candy, will keep continue harder. :slight_smile:

This my entry for Blender Nation Weekend Contest: Cel-Shaded. a fan art done recently which from part of my personal project.

Main art done by blender, text and the little guy at bottom left corner done by Photoshop.
The little guy is the author of Dragon Ball, below is the link of the image I included in the artwork of mine.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/gene…
Hope you guys like it, thanks.

Your work is spectacular, I am so blown away…wow. Your bear with the fur…so good. That robot is …fantastic. Thanks for sharing your awesome sketches…

you have brought a big smile to my day.

Mac Pro
Cycles Render 1600 samples

Workspace ╳ Tea Break: Blender, Cycles. Some of stuff is from previous project, background is HDR image.

Clay render.

Partial render of the scene.

This is my entry for the contest, tittle “Working Late” which I’m also work till very late to finished up this scene. http://cgcnetworksites.cgcookie.netdna-cdn.com/blender/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif
Everything modeled by me. Some of the small thing is from my previous project.
Done using Blender 2.71 RC2 and Cycles, 2500 samples.

Hi guys, is my experiment on Random of Object Info Node.
After participating on Cgcookie Architecture rendering contest, I found out I’m constantly duplicate the same material just to slightly adjust or replace difference dirt map of the material. So i decide to create a node group that can change difference dirt map randomly (like 2 to 4 type) in just one material. Here is my first attempt on a slightly simple procedural material of the snooker ball (numbers are texture).
C&C are welcome, thanks.

My node setup

Thunder Soldier of Rage, character from One Piece, personal project for modeling and texture/shading practice. Hope you guys like it. :eyebrowlift:

Turntable

1 Like

The pool balls seem to look a bit too shiny if you’re trying for photorealism here, they currently look like porcelain with a glossy coat.

If you’re not using fresnal on the balls, I recommend you add it so as to reduce the glossiness of the front of the balls (which will make them more convincing).

Phantom, an artwork done for a book cover recently. Is base on one of the story in the book with some idea of mine. I start modeling a pair of sneakers based on some photo reference and my own sneakers. Humanoid reflection on the floor is done by MakeHuman since I only need a silhouette. All textures are bake by Blender and process with AwesomeBump.

Close up render of sneakers.

Wireframe

Playing with glass + volume material (Blender Cycles) and some simple modeling to create gemstones.