Toonish medieval game, trying out the low poly road

New acc created by mistake, please delete this

Thanks guys,

Smoking_mirror, yea animations are gonna be a problem, I don’t know much about organic things, but I’m not rigging that right now, I’m just playing Lego deciding which arm/head/leg/torso fits better, they are not even attached together yet

But a cloth animation test, for example, could help me decide what I can and what I cannot do in this project

University break is here, finally had time to do something

Just testing new styles

Attachments

That’s adorable. Also, I like the armor in this one. It really pops out sort of like an HD game.

I would head smoking’s advice,

don’t make work you need to re-do

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/e5/86/52/e58652682cce4714e70c0df89e691336.jpg

you don’t need to copy the style etc, just make sure you have enough loops, you need one above, through, and below each major joint, with slight tweeks to change the way it folds…

rigging is a art, just like animation, the sooner you pick it up the better :smiley:

keep @ it!
I love your work

@AudioFreakXD, Thanks man, and Yea I finally feel like i’m getting the hang of it, the pants are still kind of a problem tho

@BluePrintRandom, Thanks

And yea, I was staring at my last models and they do look painful to animate, but, I made some tests and its not the end of the word, just adding a few vertex here and there and its good to go, not the best mindset but it works for now

I mean… I’m still just testing things out. This last character I made for example, I’ll probably never really use it…

Btw, the said mesh deformation test i made:

This is one of my favourite projects on here : D Glad to see you working on it! Looking forward to your future work ^ ^
Those variations in armour are excellent! Keep at it!

Im loving the style! IT AMAZING XD

Thanks guys :smiley:

Busy busy busy :spin: my girlfriend’s brother is a guitarist and I went on live shows of his band these days, my ears are still kinda hurt, and tomorrow i’m not home either.

Aaaanyway, today I did some stuff

I ended up trying a pixelated look, just to see how it goes

I’m using this reference by “Yutri Tweetlip, Joanna Wolska” for pretty much everything, model and texture

Focus on the white t-shirt for now
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-cdXVFroU8JA/V3XXkgvR7jI/AAAAAAAABow/RNXUSrSbh_Q-c_yLaRNSMX8NlEFtZqiAwCLcB/s1600/Low_Poly_Medieval_Female_bgeviniciusilva.png

Really nice art work. I’ve tried some hand drawn stuff myself but I haven’t got the skill. It takes a lot of practice, and it helps if you’re not painting with a mouse :slight_smile: Do you use a mouse or touch screen or pen or…? I used to have a small drawing pad but I lost it when I moved and can’t find a replacement here.

Thanks man, I do have a really small cheap drawing pad, it helps a lot indeed.

But sometimes I find myself painting textures with a mouse, manly when its not a organic thing, Gimp/photoshop helps a lot with the geometric stuff, plus I end up using a lot of gradient fades and other effects that have nothing to do with hand drawn skill

Small update, just b’coz i’m here
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IZHnj3OncQU/V3XsQDKT0EI/AAAAAAAABpA/k8Kl8ntA2PQ64zxh3prEASjDBmin8H-8ACLcB/s1600/Update_low%252Bpoly_bgevinicius.png

I am sure this is going to come together really beautifully! Great job on the simplicity of the models they look fantastic, I like this style a lot. The pink haired guy reminds me of Zidane from FF9 a bit. I am also trying to work on a game with a similar art style.

looks lice…good job on the lowpoly. The hair looks great

Thanks guys

These days I did this monster:

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VCZj6KQTERA/V3rs3J6r39I/AAAAAAAABpU/NgnSX6vrTWIvNpgNaJQYodsKIlpbcqwIQCLcB/s1600/monster_bgevinicius_blender_low_poly.gif

The animation is just a random test. I’m not sure if I want big monsters to be this fast

heavy reference by a Cave Troll made by “bradm3d.com
http://www.bradm3d.com/images/Cave_Troll/Presentation_sheet_01.jpg

_

I add stars upon thars.

Gr8 work!

For looks and gameplay? - do you have ideas you can share regarding story/gameplay at this point?

Anyway keep doing what you are doing, and no need to rush :slight_smile:
PS: Are you secretly a genius or something? xD That monster model moves so well, despite so few polygons O_O

Damn you guys I’m blushing, thanks :o

John,
First, in short, yes, looks and gameplay.
I’m sorry about the lack of info, 50% is because, on this forum the language is not comfortable, and I kind of don’t know the community yet.
The other 50% is because I once tried to be more methodical about a game aaaaaaaand It’s still only on paper, I guess I ended up creating high expectations for myself…

But as said, I do have things in mind, manly ideas about gameplay, I just avoid writing a lot of stuff here for a few reasons :spin:

Gameplay: Top-down view

When in a fight:

• I don’t want the player to succeed based on his skill to aim properly, so the game will have auto-aim

• I don’t want the player to succeed based on his timing reflex skill to dodge enemy attacks, so you will have to move away from the attacks like a normal-not-ninja-person

• I don’t want the player to succeed based on his memory (after dying 10 times) of where the enemy attack is gonna land, so maybe I’ll show from the start the area where it will land

Basically Dark Souls for babies, but doing this I could make the player be more tactical instead of relying only on his dodge skills

If possible, make it look like a turn-based game, by making player attacks slow so he needs to choose the right time to make his attack or else he will trade hits with the enemy.

Old drawing, shows the moving away stuff, area of attack, and view (more or less, seems too far away)

And that mesh pic is kinda old, this one ^ is the one I used to animate, but I didn’t even decide which version to use tho, once for example I like the simplified belly and legs (and feet), I’ll probably just keep the new arms and boobs

Small update again, deciding what to do with the arms

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-voUYpFM2_TI/V3yUC4S3WyI/AAAAAAAABpk/qEhvUhcCZTsGX1c2RaLJAG9hmCsUUCn0QCLcB/s1600/Low_Poly_bgevinicius_blender_medieval_character.png

Wish I could paint her back before showing, but I need to sleep
(it doesn’t take a lot of time to paint, it takes time to think about the design)

I didn’t like the lower leg part of the boot, too metal-looking, I’ll probably change

Oh, btw, 1000h, Thanks man, but that’s supposed to be a she.
I didn’t think I need to care about boobs because of her jacket, but at least now she has a nice butt

Wow.
Cant wait to see were this is going.
The models look very good with the painted texture.
Keep it up