Tree with connected branches

Nice, like it.

I’m glad you like them.
Not now, it is far from finished.

The latest iteration looks much better, the only major thing needed now for this initial stage is randomized pruning (because some sections might have less branches than others).

After that, the focus should shift to shape controls so we could make models of types like conifers, birch, aspen, ceder, and redwood (as opposed to the generic oak/cottonwood designs the script makes now).

Awesome trees!

What am personally missing in similar tools
1 - the way to manually control the crown growth/direction (ie. toward object/sun lamp)
2 - selective pruning on branches while still being procedural (ie. select where to cut branches and cap them)
3 - last iteration, leaves or twigs are hairs/particles
4 - simple automatic rig

I’ve added automatic armature !
The max iteration to which bones are generated can be set depending to the amount of control needed.

I am having some difficulties to implement automatic uv unwrapping. So far I made it work but it is tremendously long.

Attachments

Looks very promising, great!

Here is the result after some sculpting:

Attachments

Looks like this is going to be pretty awesome ! Nice work.

I’ve not checked this thread for a while, sorry for not stopping by here more often!

You’re progressing greatly! Great work on the auto-armatures, i’m really happy to see that you where able to get that working!
Looking really good mate, love that render you posted up in your last post!
I have little more to offer you on the developement side of things, i am an extremely amateur coder! lol, but when it comes to testing i will be more than happy to give this add-on a whirl!!

Glad to see that other members of this forum are offering you usefull advice!

Awaiting your next update with eager anticipation! :smiley:

I already want it! If that’s basic and going to get better I can’t wait to use it.
I wish I had the brain power for scripting like this.

Look forward to see more , would be amazing if you can find a faster way for automatic uv unwrap , and maybe another setup for making plants for example .:wink:

OMG this is so cool!! I can’t wait to see how it will evolve, and I think it could become a very useful addon! Well done!!

Maxime - Your trees are looking better and better! Automating armature is a great feature! Amazing:) Tree structure is looking better and better too - last render (with volumetric light) looks more natural than your first tests. Keep your good work and we are so excited that someone is hardworking with 3D trees.
Thank You!

I’ve managed to reduce the unwrapping time, it is now decently fast.

There is also a vertex group for the last iteration, so leaves or twigs can placed with a particle system.

Attachments

Brilliant work! This is just getting better and better! :slight_smile:

Keep it up man :smiley:

Here is the result once the textures painted and exported in UE4 :
10.000 faces for the tree and 2000 faces for the branches

Attachments

Getting there… Better by the day. Congrats!
… and here?

Hi @Maxime

For the leaves, you must watch this very good video of Rob Tuytel:

Best congratulations for your job! A nice add-on in anticipation.
Good Luck!

Thanks for all your comments, it is much appreciated.

I’ve added an option to preserve the trunk’s growth, making possible to create more varied shapes.

Attachments