Updated: Interface Theme Presets!

@ideasman42 @meta-androcto

here’s Softblend in .xml format.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1368663/softblend.xml

@ideasman42 noticed one thing, the node color where a bit to dark it seems as you lower alpha, it also gets a darker color.
also, alpha 1.0 is still a bit transparent like alpha 0.9 or 0.8

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2815/alpha1is0.png

@ aermartin :

Thanks! :slight_smile:

@ Ideasman_42 :

Hi, Campbell, is tool tip text themeable yet? It would be especially nice to be able to make it darker for light themes. :slight_smile:

When I save my Softblend as a preset and fetches the .xml file form the interface_theme folder.
has it been changed in or is it saved/read wrong? it looks like this.
left as when I export, to the right as in svn trunk.

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/3637/softblend.png

hi, I’ve updated the first post.
Please get a most recent build from graphicall to test the themes.
The themes in contrib are not included in the latest zip file, only ones from Crouch’s site.
I have included several versions of softblend.

aermartin,
we are trying to solve as many theme issues as possible.
I’m thinking with such a popular script as yours, It would be better if you maintained it yourself in contrib.
That way you have full control & I won’t be tempted to “fix”.

Please be patient, we know there are problems with the current system & are working very hard towards the common goal of Finally including some Awesome User Themes in Blender

@meta-androcto
I think so, I have quite a “large” user base for my theme and we’ want it in the theme presets as it has been/should be ^^
regarding contrib, is that via subversion with permissions or via blender.org as when you create a script page?

Poor ideasman42/Campbell to have even these issues on a TODO list :smiley: when there are prolly other stuf funnier to fix/code.

But I’m patient I’m just quick to point out where I find inconsistencies :slight_smile: so they’re known of.

@underhof +10 fix python tool tips as themeable color. Softblend has had that issue for a while.
and while at it, please pretty please with sugar on the top! someone please make NLA strips themable. their horrible as bright screamy red color — while at it. :smiley:

@ Meta-Androcto : Thanks for the update. All sounds great. Cheers! :slight_smile:

The next time you get around to doing updates, i made a few because the arrows in the number fields couldn’t be seen, and the regular section the text was dark too. No rush of course, just whenever you guys get around to it. I tried hard to look around for other things that shot out to me but i didn’t really see any. hopefully this will be the last update for a while at least. sorry/thanks

same deal
theme: http://ahloe.com/cloud/apps/files_sharing/get.php?token=c3dacf46f7eccb91c42da69debcafdaecfef870b&path=/theme_ubuntu_ambiance.xml

folder containing theme: http://ahloe.com/cloud/apps/files_sharing/get.php?token=c3dacf46f7eccb91c42da69debcafdaecfef870b

updates to first post again.
stablizing a big list. :slight_smile:

I see you guys picked 3dsmax over crouch in the look-alike conflict. I think it was a good decision. They are both good though, and crouch is available in contrib.

Hi,
I’m new to Blender 2.61. In my user_interface > themes there is no Preset Menu in the left hand corner or anywhere else that I can see. I do have a folder : 2.61\scripts\presets\interface_theme and I am running on Windows 7 (64). Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

PS… this is my first post to any forum anywhere so please forgive any protocol mistakes.

hey bilbo baggins, welcome!

The preset menu should be there at the top left, provided you are running a fairly recent build of blender. This feature landed after the last stable release, so if you are running a stable build from blender.org, it will surely not be there.

graphicall.org is where the cool kids go to get their development builds of blender (I realize you might know about all of this already, but just covering all the bases)

Hi Ike,
1st Thanks for the welcome and taking the time to answer my v.low grade query. At 63 being a cool kid (even metaphorically) is less of an ambition than remembering to take my next breath but that being said I did have a peek at graphicall.org. Thanks for the info about it, (add it to the list of the million things I did not know). Thing is that at the moment it feels like I’ve decided to get to the top of Everest on a kiddies trike and to be honest I’m pretty sure the trike in my head ai’nt up to the job. From ground zero I catch a an occasional glimpse of Base Camp thru the mist and it’s enough to inspire me to keep going. What else I’m gonna do? But Jez, it’s a steep learning curve!
Anywho, as I said, I did go to graphicall.org but unfortunately they were using a hybrid of English that included idioms and references and icons, whose meaning I’m still working on. But I have managed to hone down from about 2000+ Qs to,I hope, a tolerable two…

1. Do I have to uninstall my current Blender 2.61 (stable build from blender.org) before I download a build?
  2. Are these builds relatively stable and if so is there a particular one I should go for? (Snuck in a 3rd Q there hope you didn’t notice.)
    I feel a bit like a primary school kid (elementary) who has walked into a Harvard lecture on advanced Quantum Physics and asked if anyone can show him how to do long division! Forgive my ignorance.
    Finally(!), watched “Clocked In”. Awesome. I’m inspired again. How long did that take you to do? No don’t answer that. Congratulations on that piece of work. Life is just so.

@bilbo

1. Most of the builds on Graphicall are just python folders and you can click on the “blender” executable in it. So you don’t have to uninstall anything and you can have many different builds for different purposes. I say this with no experience on Windows, so you may want to get a confirmation on that, but i believe it works the same since it’s a python program.

2. the stability varies from build depending on who made it, what flags it has enabled, what addons are included, how stable the trunk/svn is, etc. But speaking personally I’ve never had problems except for occasionally when you’ll download a build that wasn’t compiled right or incompatible with your OS/library versions and the program won’t open at all. So in my case I rarely have crashes, but if you’re testing a very new experimental feature, expect crashes. Now this theme thing is in the main trunk, and those builds I’ve always found to be super stable for me.

hope that info helps

Sure does. Thanks for all your help.

updates:
added pinkified, thanks to venongfx for the update.
added back the original softblend updated by aermartin.
fixed bugs in hexagon.

I really would welcome some help, if you find bugs in theme’s, feel free to fix them & post the updates here.
thanks.

Hi again,

Meta, do you think it would be possible to code up some sort of template which would highlight which parts of an interface a particular theme entry effects. It would be easier to check that the theme colors are correct if we know which gui element is influenced by them. Often times when I am trying to make themes I end up just randomly changing theme colors to try and find out what they control. Often it is still not obvious.

if you open the xml in notepad or text editor, you’ll see most areas have
<ThemeSpaceGeneric
this area controls the windows, headers & ui elements that are same throughout for most window types.
you can copy paste the style you set up throughout the entire xml/interface this way.

Thanks Meta I will try that.

Bilbo, Welcome, and to answer your question about having to uninstall blender to use new blender build. What I have been doing, using Windows, Is to put a folder on my desktop ( or anyplace you can remember) and name it (New Blender) or (2.6.1). Then I download the new build and unzip to the new folder. To start the new build open the folder, and you might have to open another folder, depending. You’re looking for the icon of Blender, which is an orange circle with three “fingers” sticking out with a blue dot in the middle. Double click to open.
I’ve had up to 4 different builds of blender in different folders on the same computer, and it works great.

Quick untitled theme. Nothing much more to say. :slight_smile:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jsh770trj1u5cm2