Utapaun Lord Sith

Nice teeth :smiley:

This should be featured in every 3D mag. Awesome stuph.

Good work! I suppose you’re gonna enter in this Star Wars contest, right? http://cgplus.com/forum/t/star-wars-reimagined-deadline-extended/296

Thank you all for your kind comments, and yes, I’ve been told a lot about the resemblance with Judge Dredd. I was going more for a Kylo Ren shaped helmet, but when you are improvising you never know where you are going to end. For sure I read a lot of Judge Dredd when I was kid and that would have something to do.

I didn’t know about the contest. I will apply inmediately. Thanks!

What is your workflow for the coil around his neck? Zbrush has a tool for accomplish things like that but it would seem to be very annoying to do in Blender, especially in a none destructive manner. Perhaps you did a deform of a cylinder against a curve.

Almost. First I model just one of the sections and apply an array modifier in z axis. I then use a curve modifier that I adapt to the pose. Because I just had a couple of stills, but this is not optimal. The good thing would have been to rig it to an IK chain for proper animation.

I thought it was a veeeeery old Robo Cop.

j/k This is pretty awesome actually. Especially the smoke and uniform materials.

Gazerbeam? You look different.

At first, I thought it was Robo Cop.
lol

Amazing , brilliant job!!!:yes:

Amazing. Utapauns have always seemed pretty sinister for me (reminded me of cenobites!). This is something that definitely must be done. Sith Lord Darth Cenobius?

Well, I believe there is a Utapaun lord Sith in the Star Wars Rebels series (which I haven’t seen yet)

Seems like they stepped on my idea :), but mine is a hundred times more scary :evilgrin:

As for the name, I’ve been thinking a lot but I no good at it. Darth Cenobius sounds good, but maybe something not so obvious.

Thanks!

Does Utapaun lord Sith appear in ep. VII?

Awesome strong lighting, guy!

Amazingly done. This is rocking.

Four and a half! Gah! I’ll give you the full five. :slight_smile:

Nice work!

It’s so true! A very good character to get inspiration from!

Wow. It’s awesome!

This is awesome! How long have you been doing this? :3

excellent work!