Various sci-fi stuff made in Blender (For my novel)

It is a novel as I’ve already written over 1.000 pages of it. It is a web novel and has a modular structure where I can insert stories at will into different phases.

It also has extensive lore which is where the CGs come in.

If anyone is interested, this is a lore file regarding the ship.

Akabasa freighter.pdf (95.9 KB)

Another nice ship. Looks bulky and awkward to fly, which is pretty much what you would expect from a cargo ship, the priority would be on cargo hold storage not nimble maneuvering characteristics. And it seems to have plenty of cargo space.

Although that ladder looks a little dangerous. LOL. It doesn’t go up high enough to safely make the transition from the ladder to the door, and it doesn’t come down far enough to put your feet on the bottom rungs. Going to take some good upper body strength to make those first few steps. Unless of course it’s in low gravity all the time. I think that ladder needs to be reported to the space safety council. LOL I’m just kidding ya. Another nice ship!

Edit:
Just read the lore file you posted. Which pretty much confirms the maneuverability, and the low gravity thing for the ladder!

I worked further on the freighter by adding a simple bridge and making the cargobay door usable.

Below are viewport renders at 100 samples. I didn’t want to spend too much time manipulating the cameras.

I am currently working on something that is much bigger. It’s a spaceship but I am using new things I’ve learned so far. It’s only 10% complete at this point.

It took a while for me to come up with this idea.

But this is the final (not textured yet) turret for the ship.

And the ship itself. I am gradually covering the ship with external plates and detailing it at the same time.

The turrets will go on top & bottom of the ship of the front side.

Changed the turrets. Added hanger bay door frames.

It’s getting there, slowly.

Wow, cool stuff. Keep them coming.

My progress is getting slower due to minor detailing. I am trying to put on details that are not just details. I want the pieces that give sci-fi authenticity reasons to be there.

Phew, I think it’s done !

After doing the final renders, I see few places that need tweaking but it’s 99% done.

Fruits of my labor.

A battle scene render. :slight_smile:

Been a while since my last update. I’ve been working on stories.

Anyway, here is a VNN (Venus News Network) shuttle manufactured by SSS (Super Star Shipyard).

I am currently working on the biggest project so far.

A space station. Lore wise, Uranus outpost.

Detailing is going to take weeks due to its sheer size. At this point, I will say it is 1% done.

We create similar stuff dude, visit my war machines thread. We can exchange ideas!

Progress has been slow, mainly because I am trying to add details that are not just details but have purposes in them.

There is a loooong way to go.

Some really nice work here. Going to keep my eye on this. I plan on using blender for a Graphic Novel I hope to start working on in the new year. Seems as if you have a similar project here. Great work :slight_smile:

I abandoned the idea of using textures to add greeble because I needed very high resolution texture not to make it look washed out in close shots. And I’d need to make very close shots should I complete it.
Therefore, I ended up doing the greeble surface manually and I am liking what I see. It is going to take many hours to manually add all greeble though.

The progress is still at 10%.

These are nice!! GG man.

The progress has been smooth since the last update.

Top of docking bay and lower part of service section is complete. I see few minor greebles to add but this section is mostly done.
Just for sense of perspective, the lone spaceship in the screenshot is 150 meters in length. The ship is there for me to keep reminding myself how big this is.

This also means the current windows, which is just a square with solidify modifier + emission shader is not correctly scaled. I originally scaled it correctly but it was so small that it didn’t look too good in preview renders.

P.S. For next step, I am going to need to model an eagle, just head and neck, and render it with freestyle in order to create a logo for a faction this station belongs to, which is United Solar system federation.