Xenon (Concept Car)

Hi, I’m late to this thread (first time I’ve seen it). I have some comments on the design. These comments are purely subjective and you’ve nearly finished this car so if any of the comments resonate with you, maybe use them on the next car you design.

When I first saw the car I assumed it was a front-engined ‘grand tourer’ type of car because of the long and full bonnet. But then later renders clearly show a mid-engine behind the driver. If you’re going for a twin-engined car (and no reason why not), then cool but if not, the car design looks a bit confused between being a mid-engine super car and a front-engined GT car.

The cockpit area looks too squashed and shallow to me and looks like it would be a nightmare to drive in a visibility sense. I know a lot of supercars do have ‘challenging’ visibility but I think you might have taken things a bit too far.

Door handle is a bit too simple, small and old-fashioned compared to the rest of the car. Consider ‘disguising’ the door handle on the top surface of the door sill. A bit of a cut away on that top back edge of the door would hint at some clever, stylish door opening mechanism.

Check the clearance between the rear wheel and the back of the rear wheel arch because things look a bit too ‘snug’ there. I know these sorts of cars have hard suspension but even so, at the moment, it looks like the back wheel would touch the body work, when going over a modest bump.

A minor detail, but I’d consider looking at the sun roof again. It’s too large to slide backwards into the roof. And a bit like the current door handle, looks a bit dated in style compared to the rest of the car. Most current supercars seem to go for the nearly opaque black acrylic roof (Mclaren’s and Zondas etc.) or don’t bother with a conventional sun roof at all.

Anyway, great work so far, just a few of my thoughts.