Master chief

SIERRA 117
UNSC INFINITY
Halo universe
Master chief
john
Spartan
Mjolnir
Master chief was on my mind from quite recent, so i thought to design him as my number one sci-fi character as i love sci-fi stuf and as pursuing sci fi artist! and it is all high poly!
Everything is modeled and rendered in blender 2.79b
and texturing done in substance painter!
i wanted to make it in cinematic look!
Its just made as fan of halo and master chief!!

https://www.artstation.com/nishant_neeraj

12 Likes

You put a lot of work into this, and it shows. The model is great, and that green metal material is spot on. :ok_hand:

The hands look a little small, and there’s a little lack of definition in the latissimus dorsi region on his back, but all the hard surface stuff looks on point.

Well done mate!

2 Likes

Well thanks for appreciation
well i just get him into shape just like i saw in references!
they all had same definition around lats following through deltoid and then clavicle joining!

I also liked the version that you posted on Sketchfab. It’s heavy, but worth it!

1 Like

ohh… hey bart… yea thats me on sketchfab…well first time in life i made something big like this n very proud of it…first i was going to make a low poly model then i saw plenty artists struggle to pose character in high poly…
so took it as challenge as heavy model as well as i want to show details in high poly!
i hope you like my work! Thanks for sharing it here!

1 Like

Yeah I like it very much :slight_smile: As a suggestion though, 4M polygons is a bit high for a realtime model. Have you considered retopologising the mesh and baking the details to a normal map?

1 Like

well, this model was made to serve two main purposes… first i wanted to hone my skills to more higher level and i recently became fan of halo and master chief!
Halo holds all rights so i can not sell anything!
Otherwise i would have made its Low poly for trade purposes for sure!
but yea i can bake normals and make its low poly with retopology!

Yeah I realise you can’t sell this. But even for showcasing your work on Sketchfab is’t good practice to optimise your models a bit :slight_smile:

1 Like

its time bart!
However, i am going to make such models further on which i am definitely gonna made in low poly!
So that i can even trade them n earn something too!

1 Like

that is why i made it first as practice so that i can make concept arts of my own soon!

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

amazing… Thanks a lot bart!! i really need restfull weekend after such hyper modeling session! :smile:

1 Like

You can read more about this work on BlenderNation:

1 Like