Special FX

not free, but the best i’ve ever seen for that price.

http://www.wondertouch.com/downloads/particleIllusionDemo_205.zip
It is called “Particle Illusion”
A lot of parameters to change the effect. You can make a sequence with alpha channel, and use it as animated texture in your animations and games.

Scotch

iv’e try to promote this software for a long time on #gameblender. though its not free, all those effects can be emulated within blender : most parameters can be replaced with ipo. its a great referance on hoe to make good FX.

Well a particle engine in gameblender is far from hard you can even do it in python, add Gui to it for an interface and wala! The only problem is the engine is really not need becuase well not make games need it ^_^. Maybe for snow effect and other things bot much else really.

I seem to remember someone do a particle script in gameengine awhile ago, was that you hitachi? Games definetly need particles, they’re essential for really good looking special effects.

As for this program, it’s really cool, but is there any way to export each frame into one jpeg so i can use it in blender’s animated texture thing?

Pooba

:o I nice idea would be to put that in the game engine as a set function so we wouldn’t need a script. I wish I knew programing :x

Ok i wanna chnage me name, heh to sutachi! no more confusing ^_^. Anyways no I did not. And dont get confused from a particle engine and Particles.

There are a lot of articles on creating particle engines but I am working on reflections (was in mirror reflections) right now. After that I want to enable multitexturing and I know thats going to be real hard for me todo ^_^. If anyone is interrested in actrally making one I have links to several particle engine that is understandable.

Geez, reflections, multitexturing, you are busy Hitachi… While your at it maybe you could add bump mapping for me :smiley:

Heh, actually I think it might be worth while me making my own game engine with that sort of stuff, because it would grind Blenders game engine to a halt at a fairly rapid rate I should think, but first I’d need to learn to program, and then learn the fundamentals of making games (and there engines), and then I’d have to study more on physics and light and how it should re-act with its environment, and then, finally I’d need to work none stop for 2 years with out food or sleep to program the thing… On second thoughts I don’t think I’ll bother :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

Actrally I am mainly just messing with opengl what I want to improve dosen’y deal with physics. Although for leanring do what Hos tells people Learn c++ or c and if you can do that learn python and then go back. :slight_smile: also it never hurts to just jump in. If atleast 5 out of 100 try help the game engine then I am sure more people will help out. But when I actrally get done with my check list I dont see no problem with a particles engine, the only problem is where is it going to be…I could maybe intergrate it with the exsiting one and just add a but to enable it in the game engine but then that the GUI is getting pretty full, blender already gots lots of buttons to push.

actually, i have a better idea : just like particle illusion uses sets of effect libraries (ie. explosions, fireworks, smoke), we can make a joint effort to builed an effects library for blender (maybe make a poll to see what people really need), im sure it will take less time than building a full particle system, and it will give the same verstility, because all people will have to do is tweak the ipo a bit or change the particle texture to get new effects.