Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Stargate

Very nice, I realized this is identical to the stargate addon on Garrysmod, did you put it on Gmod or did someone else do that with your model?

Member Lord of the Rings Junkie's Avatar
    I have the gate add-on for Gmod, and believe me, those models fall far short on detail. They're not mine. I've only made one game version, and it's for a Crysis mod called SG-27.
    "Et Earello Endorenna utulien.
    Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar
    tenn' Ambar-metta!"

awsome model ty im using it to run benchmark tests as we speak

u know i looked at pictures of the actual stargate from the show and they look identical

omg!! Impressive!!

wow, you are crazy dude, (in the good way, )

i love the details

Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings Junkie View Post
    I have the gate add-on for Gmod, and believe me, those models fall far short on detail. They're not mine. I've only made one game version, and it's for a Crysis mod called SG-27.
    So are you gonna model the Atlantis gate now?

No but seriously, can we have a link to the crysis mod?

nice chapa'ai! You should make a goa'uld mothership next with those modelling skills, hehe, or a jaffaa staff would be nice. Hell, why not make atlantis, well not the interior of course, but that would look really cool in flight. Actually it's a pretty interesting interior, could make a good arena map.

i have to say...that...is...INCREDIBLE! now, i lost track on the other thread if you ever figured out how to make a good event horizon (clearly you did, but i'm not sure if you explained how) although, if it's a trade secret, then keep it. kinda awkward asking such a pro for help, but i guess the real way to phrase the question is this: Do you know how to make an event horizon that moves like in any of the SG series? now when i say move, i don't mean the kawoosh. i mean the slight deformation whenever an object passes through the gate. any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers! and God bless!

SG-11, are you going to animate it once, or do you want a script you could use repeatedly? If it's a one-off, why not just wrap the event horizon mesh in a deform cage, and then animate the cage manually to create the ripple effect? If you need to do the animation several times with different characters/objects, you could probably write a Python script to "push" on the mesh where the transiting object intersects it. I've too many things on my plate right now to try it, but it seems like it shouldn't be too hard.

ooo, i plan on having it just sit there for right now, then i can experiment with it later, but like many noobs of blender, scripting is NOT one of my strong points :P (only had blender for about a year or so, and i had to teach myself) i really want to go with the scripting idea, but i have no idea how to script python let alone make it work in an animation. since there's no scripting in the deform cage idea, i think i'll go with that. i'll look into it so i understand more about it. right now i know very little of blender. it's kinda weird, i know how to do SO much, but there's SO much i DON'T know. oh well, 'tis a side effect of being a mortal XD
    Last edited by SG-11; 25-May-10 at 11:26.

Amazing detailing on the outer rim.

I all agree with your rating of 5 stars. Excellent job dude. Keep it up, your talent on 3D rocks !

I was always a great fan of Stargate and now I'm curious how to achieve same "puddle" effect in animation. Nice job.

Wonderful, well done

Please, anybody who seed this torrent?
    Very very much Thanks

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456