Girl Portrait (Finish en klaar :))

Latest render

Hey Guys

I started my second portrait last night. No decent modelling to show yet, but here’s a preview of my reference pics in the meantime.

I just love her eyes, that’s why I picked her.

Also, I’m planning to do an in-depth and detailed texturing tutorial for this one, dunno if anyone would be interested in something like that (very few texturing tutorials around). It definately won’t be in time for the Blender magazine though.

Keep well
Len

>>

Attachments

Pretty girl. You’ll need to scale that side view up a bit to match the front view, and the front view looks like it could be rotated just a bit.

Nice reference photo. What’s the source?

I agree w/ kernond. Where did you get the pic?

The eyes look like they have been doctored to look bigger

Looks great!
It will be nice if you share your modeling approach.
Looking forward to see more!

That’d be a 3d.sk pic

Hey guys, as mentioned by Blenderer, it’s from 3d.sk I spent my last bit of bucks for a month subscription, I am now officially broke!

Syziph, cool man. I’ll pretty much be following Mr. Bomb’s modelling approach again, this time I’m just trying to see how much I can do without having to refer to his tutorial, need to develop my own style eventually.

oblenob, nah, that’s really her eyes hey :slight_smile:

Hey Len, looking forward to seeing your progress :slight_smile:

Thanks Mr. Bomb :slight_smile: Dude I wish I could model like you, you do in under three hours what takes me a week (if I’m lucky :slight_smile: ) I’ve already had 2 false starts. Restarting again tonight, hoping to have most of the modelling done by the end of the week.

I’m planning to do an in-depth and detailed texturing tutorial for this one, dunno if anyone would be interested in something like that :slight_smile: It definately won’t be in time for the Blender magazine though.

Well if you ever need any help feel free to hit me up on email or msn :slight_smile:

I would be very interested in something like that!

It looks like a fun project I can’t wait to see how it goes :yes:

~Marslyr

A tutorial on your texturing methods would be absolutely fantastic judging by how your self portrait file turned out. I’m trying to get my modelling skills improved and haven’t even looked at texturing yet, so a detailed tutorial from somebody that has achieved results like you have would be great (especially if it was beginner friendly).

mr_bomb: Thanks hey!

Marslyr & paulsgruff: Schweet guys, I’ll give it a go and also do my best to make it beginner friendly :slight_smile:

Yesterday: I restarted modelling from scratch last night, not too much to show yet just them eyes and I did this surprisingly fast. Not perfect though hey guys, it still needs lot of tweaking (which I’ll do later after the rest of the head is done) and the eyeballs are only there as guides at the moment.

Cheerio
Len

Edit – Starting to take shape. Eyes to nose to mouth.

Attachments

Damn, missed this update.

Great start. Loops looking very good.

BgDM

Hey thanks BgDM, I’ll hopefully have another update tomorrow, kinda got distracted by my other one.

Thanks
Len

Edit: Just a quick update, it’s still heavily under construction so please don’t crit yet guys. :slight_smile:

>

Attachments

Okie-dokie, I continued with this project again last night. Here goes my first render. It still needs lots of work, mirror modifier isn’t applied yet. Once I’m happy with her head I’m planning to model her shoulders, upper arms and chest.

Cheerio
Len

>>

Attachments

Oh yeh I almost forgot, I did a premature skin test some time ago. Here’s a preview.

Attachments

Nice work, Len!
Very good edge flow, and the proportions are very close to the reference.
The only thing that bothers me is the back of the head - it is too far and the bottom of the skull too low. The hair-style may tricked you (as with the top of the head but I saw that you fixed it;) )
Also cheeks could be more rounded for more feminine look.
The skin material and texture are great!
Maybe it’s time to add textured eyes to give some live to the model.
Looking forward to see more!