Blender user diner in NEW YORK CITY

Hey guys

Nick Parcaro and I are meeting up in the village on Tuesday October 2 at 8 pm to discus blender and the upcoming blender conference in NY. We thought it would be a great idea if any other blenderheads in the area would like to join us for dinner to talk about 3d related stuff, no general plan, just to hang out and talk about stuff (ive never met nick in real life btw)

so anyways if anyone would like to join us, just post here and ill pm you cell phone information so that we can get in contact with each other

— LOCATION —
Whole Foods Market
95 East Houston Street
Between Bowery and Chrystie Streets
New York, NY 10002

— CURENT ATTENDEES —

VItaliy Nazarenko
Nick Parcaro
Harjis (real name?)
zoomturtle (real name?)
Selso (realname? maybe?)

and three more people (Nicks friends) as a posibility

any 1 up for it?

heyyy… Nick Porcaro. cool guy. But sadly, I can’t make it to the bconf this year because I used up all my days off of work when I got married. :slight_smile:

lol sorry to hear that
But this dinner meeting is just to eat dinner and chat with fellow enthusiasts and such

BTW, the conf. is scheduled for Saturday-Sunday

Ok nick and i have agreed on a location in the village to hold the meeting, he feels that its the perfect place (food and large tables to acomidate all interested in joining (i doubt theres any 1 out there) plus it has free WIFI and such

any who, the address can be found on the first post of this thread

lol i gues no 1 is interasted, the offer still stand thou

what a cool idea, I should get together with p00f and do something like this here in hawaii.

Wish I could make it,I have always wanted to see NYC :slight_smile:

lol your welcome to come, and Hey its not like its that far (yea rite lol)

this idea basically came up so that we can meet fellow blenderheads and just talk, no particular reason thou

there are other blenderers in ny??? i once tried to start a blender club at my school but nobody joined because nobody knew what it was and everybody is uncomfortable with joining a club they know nothing about. go figure. Unfortunatly what with exchange students and work, i don’t think i can come to any dinners. i had no idea, i seriously thought i was the only one. the blender conference in NY sounds hot (it would only be a couple stops away from me at max!)
which sat/sun?

october 20 - 21

btw no you aren’t the only one, i know of several blenderheads that are in New York, its just that they cant attend the diner, btw me and nick are the NY conf staff

As always, I wish I could joy you guys, but I’ve got other commitments to fulfill.

I live in UK but I just happen to be going to a wedding in nwe york and I have about a week but I wont be able to come :(:no::no::no::no::no::no::no:

As always, I wish I could joy you guys, but I’ve got other commitments to fulfill.

hopefully there would be more meeting like this and maybe it will evolve into a user group

I live in UK but I just happen to be going to a wedding in nwe york and I have about a week but I wont be able to come :(:no::no::no::no::no::no::no:

lol, its cool, are you going to be here for the conf?

Hello:
Would like to join you. I live on Long Island, but know the City fairly well. Maybe I can help you guys out.

I could come but it is a 4 hour trip or so for me… chances are I won’t make it. I’ll be going to the conference though!

Would like to join you. I live on Long Island, but know the City fairly well. Maybe I can help you guys out.

Its great that you can join us, the location and the time has been specified up on the first post, i just don’t see what you can help us out with?? this is just a friendly meeting to discus blender and such things that interest us. and also to discus the upcoming conference.

I could come but it is a 4 hour trip or so for me… chances are I won’t make it. I’ll be going to the conference though!

thats cool, it would be nice if you would have made it to the dinner but if you cant, to bad

Hope to see you at the conference then

This is cool, I always wanted to know if their where any other NYC blender guy’s out there. I’ll try to be there.

Cool idea! I’m new to blender and I live in the N.Y. area and it would be good to get to know other blender users. See you there

OK. See you there!

harijs~~

CURENT ATTENDEES

VItaliy Nazarenko
Nick Parcaro
Harjis (real name?)
zoomturtle (real name?)
Selso (real name? maybe?)

and three more people (Nicks friends) as a posibility

Hey Fellas, I just saw this and I am very interested in meeting fellow blender users in the NY/NJ area. I have a decent size photography studio in Central NJ if you guys would like to hold another event… I can make the space available. The buses stop directly in front of my shop from port authority. Let me know.