Temple+.blend +[Update Tiles]

Hey,
Just finished the Temple project I was working on, nothing much else to say ;).

Pretty much based off this 1 photo >Click<

If anyone is interested http://uploader.polorix.net//files/1245/temple19.7z here is the .blend file (large file, you’ll need 7z or winzip to open)…

Indigo-
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/2254/templebwwithmountainswilx8.jpg
By ottoriis at 2008-02-03

Old post pro.
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/3861/templebwpa3.th.jpg

Without post pro.
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1889/templeii4.th.jpg

Looks great, but if you added a bit more to the background, it’d be much nicer

yah, make a large oriental mountain in the background. Thats what I would do.

Very good. nice details, I like the post processing, but I think it could use a little more color, I agree that you should put something in the background. Maybe some treees, or birds or other buildings.

Waouh, very good !! Bravo :slight_smile: May be mountain in the background ?

Well, I think the model is amazing. Over 500,000 vertices is BIG accomplishment. Thank you! As far as the image goes, the Sepia is nice and gives it a very period effect.

FuzzMaster, watchthis, caveman, dono: Thanks, and I guess great minds do think alike ;), updated the first post.

PapaSmurf: Thank you!

As far as the image goes, the Sepia is nice and gives it a very period effect.

Yes, I was hoping to get that effect, and I’m glad people view it that way :).

Well, it seems that everyone wants a mountain :eyebrowlift:, and thanks for pointing it out, it does look rather empty now that you guys mention it.

So by popular demand I added one(check first post)…

Woohoo, that’s awesome. Nicely done. In my opinion the post pro really adds to it (when sometimes too much can be a bad thing). I’m surprised you were able to model that much detail based only on the tiny reference photo.

yup, the mountains add alot. This looks great!

This is really awesome, but I keep getting distracted by the tiling on the ground, because it is far too patterned. Perhaps if you rotated the texture around differently on each tile it would work out. Otherwise, great job. :smiley:

blenditall: Thank you,

In my opinion the post pro really adds to it (when sometimes too much can be a bad thing). I’m surprised you were able to model that much detail based only on the tiny reference photo.

I try not to use too much post pro, but for this image I just thought that the ‘older look’ would be fitting, I’m glad it does not look too overdone :). For the reference photo, some things I had to think about for awhile in order to make them fit, and some of the things I just changed (like the banners).

watchthis: Thanks, and thank you for the feedback on the mountains.

egan: Thank you, I was hoping that it wouldn’t be that noticeable ;), but I now re-rendered the tiles, rotated/scaled them, and added a couple more variations in the textures (before they had 2 styles, now 4).

Just a small update, changed the tiles so they are not as repetitive.
Check first post…

This is very nice (although I think I like the color version even more). I also think that the ground still looks a bit patterned but maybe I’m too picky, lol. Anyway, keep it up!

EDIT: Sorry for the double post :frowning:

I personally love it…I really dont like the color pic though…You should post that over at cgsociety.org…I think you might get this illustration in the gallery there…I would work on the sky a little more and let it render a little longer before posting it there. but great job…

looks great but is there TV in china is that TV???awsome >>> btw
is there Temple in MOUNTAINS???dude i liked it VOTE its cooool do u have tutorials

Oriental mountains? sorry…just had to:o

on topic-I remember this from awhile ago. Looks like it’s pulled together nicely!

Nice, very nice, nice very nice, very nice, nice very nice, *BUMP “stupid record!”

I immediately recognized it as Asakusa Temple, great rendition Otto! I was there less than a month ago :wink:
Punk-buster: Asakusa Temple is in Tokyo, Japan numb nutz.

Glad to see this finished.
regards,
Tim

tjjos: Thanks, I guess its preference, I was originally planning color, but I found that post pro added some ‘style’ to it ;).

ttracing2: Thank you, but I think I will refrain from posting on cgsociety for now ;).

Punk_Buster: Not sure I understand, but the mountains were put in for something more to look at.

HouseArrest, Photoguy, & tcrazy: Thank you :).

Woodman5k: Thanks,

I was there less than a month ago :wink:

That’s awsome, I would’ve loved to have gone to Japan, part of the reason I did this project is because I can’t really go there.

I immediately recognized it as Asakusa Temple

I wish I knew that name sooner, it would have helped with finding bigger reference photos ;), but I am glad that it is easily recognizable. After googling the name though, there are a few things that I missed out on/ changed.

Thanks again everyone.