"Level Design" tutorial

Hello to all
I’ve made a little tut about “level design”.
Nothing really exciting, or new, more “basics” ( and beginners?) oriented, such as “radiosity”, “baked textures” or “skydomes”.
If you want to check:
http://otothecleaner.free.fr/tutorials/LevelDesign2/level1/level2-1.html
My use of English language its worst than ever I guess… :frowning:
Bye

thanks!

that’s a great tutorial!

:slight_smile:

Yes! Thanks for sharing : )

This is great, very helpful, thank you!

Very good. I really liked the Radiosity.

OTO, I always love your tutorials. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Another bookmark. Thanks, OTO. This could also be useful for set design and storyboarding.

Thank you to all!

thanks OTO , sw33t tut

OTO can you update the pinball tut?

That’s really good. Any chance of some NPC tuts yet?

Hello
I’ll try to update the pinball, but I guess that with “bullet” there’s some major problems.
About the “NPC tuts”? Sorry, I don’t get the meaning of your request?!
Bye, and thank you for the comments.

hello

NPC

i think it means <none playing characters> .
bye

Duh…yes, but … :slight_smile:

Nice! Love the radiosity thing!

:smiley: The radiosity promises to be amazing!! Does it require UV textures to work?

Hello,
no need of textures!
Bye

Hm… That seems like a stupid question now that I’ve read the manual page on Radiosity baking and know that radiosity just sets the vertex colors.

Do you have any idea why even just a simple test isn’t working once I start the game engine? I follow the steps as outlined in your tutorial (on page 4), and it works perfectly until I enter the game engine, where there is no shading whatsoever. I tried all the draw modes, and also tried giving the test object (a plane with a cube sticking out of it) a material before applying the radiosity. As I said, it works great until I get to the game engine.

I tried downloading the sample file and playing the game, and it works fine. I also tried deleting the meshes which had the solutions, and re-creating one of them (just by re-calculating the radiosity, no other modifications). It, too works in the game engine.

Does anybody have any ideas? I’ve attached some screenshots from my test file. The first shot is from the 3D window, and the second is from the game engine.

Attachments

Go to the materials and click the ‘VerCol’ button.

O.K. that did it! Thank you! The weird thing is that I had to click “VerCol Paint” for the the original object, not the one I want to be shaded. That one doesn’t seem to do anything.