finally done

some eight legged bugs walking, eating, jumping, and attacking around you in my last blender-short:
https://blenderartists.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12153

have a nice safari!

Freakin Fantastic! I love it… You must tell how you did this!
Great Job.

what exactly? character animation stuff?

I guess I could have been more specific.
A brief step by step summary would be cool.

OK, so I figure based on the file size, you created an animation in Blender and rendered out a jpeg sequence.
You used the jpeg frames animation in Flash (what version?)
(correct me if I am wrong.)

I have used flash a bit… what I really would like to know is about the camera view interactivity. That is too cool.

Well it could be made with a jpg sequence… but we would need lot’s of memory processor and hd speed to get it work at a full motion framerate (belive me, i use that for some type of interactives at my work)… and it’s near 2mins of video… forget it

the right choice is flash mx that supports video with it’s own (Sorenson, not macromedia) video codec.

To get interactive panning during playback i pan the video (a Panoramic very wide video) with actionscript to give it every frame a position related to mouse coordinates over the movie… that’s it in a simplified way. Some Actionscript knowledge is required, but it isn’t hard.

i hope you enjoy explanation, and tell me if you have doubts

So, MX supports video with Sorenson compression - cool. Do you think this could be done with Flash 4 on Macintosh. That 's what I have

1. Render wide Pano frames in Blender
  2. Make an (avi or quicktime?)
  3. Import movie into Flash with 640 px x 480 px stage
  4. Set up the Pan with ActionScript (I have done some action scripting , I am I bit foggy on this.)

Thanks for your feedback. I know a magician should not reveal all his tricks, and i am greatful for anything you are willing to share.

Do you have any others completed?

With flash 4 you will need the jpg seq, because it import’s video but doesn’t export it (it’s for sbtitles purposes mainly)

Yes, that’s the first i have made (and maybe first ever made) there is a panoramic video format from real1 and quicktime seems to have lot’s of hidden featues and one of them could be animated vr movies…

Good luck! :slight_smile: