Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Alright, new update, check first post.

peace,
    -nick
    *New* Blender Texture Pack | 128x128 Texture Pack

"You could call Bill Gates a compassionate Pimp" -Al Capone

im thinking you should start a company..Dim Turin and You....split the profits 3ways..lol good textures
    "Haa! I dont have to kill anyone, its all up here. Believe me, if i started killing people there be none of ya left."

Awsome, I can't believe I missed this. I spend ages scouring cg textures for a texture then converting it to tiling.

Unless the mirror is old you need to update the 27mb file size, because the mirror is only 3mb. Your first link doesn't work aswell

I decided to change your download button because its bg appears grey, dont know if thats fire fox or whatever. Anyway, its up to you.

Yesssss! Those are NICE!

Thanks again!

Hey.. you mind if I upload these to my Blender Forge? And place a link? Another mirror for you??

Thanks
    Terry

Cool, glad to see this updated. I got a few more on the way soon. You ming if I post them in very large format (between 512-1024) so that people can resize them at their leisure, or should I scale them down ahead of time?

Why thank you, all of you.

lilgrudgeboy-I don't think a company is going to start anytime soon. I don't want the contributers to be exclusive to only 3 people.

andrew 101- thank you, I'm glad I could make your job easier. Thank you for the info. I'll change everything immediately. I did see the grey button. I didn't feel like fixing it because it took to long to update the thread anyway. I might as well simply repaint the button also because it still looks quite blurry.

Hey.. you mind if I upload these to my Blender Forge? And place a link? Another mirror for you??
    Great, I would love for you to. If you could PM a direct link to the download so as to fix the download button issue that some people seem to have.

Cool, glad to see this updated. I got a few more on the way soon. You ming if I post them in very large format (between 512-1024) so that people can resize them at their leisure, or should I scale them down ahead of time
    Well, let's see. I think it might be safer to scale it down for sake of the file size, but It would still be nice to be able to scale the file yourself. The .zip was 27 Mb while uploading, but if Andrew-101 says it's only 3Mb, then it's safe to leave them at a large file size. If there is an issue with the size, I'll scale them down.

peace,
    -nick

No it was 27 MB..

Nick,
    The Texture pack is uploaded on the File Forge.. I created it under your own forum.. If you wanna upload anything else just register and post your stuff in your forum section..

Thanks
    Terry

The link!

http://blendershare.servebeer.com/bl...c.php?f=11&t=7

I check the files-sizes for the images. If they're far too large, then I'll scale them myself. If they're decent, I'll let them go. Also, what file-type do you prefer? JPEGs are pretty lossy and produce artifacts, so I generally go with .PNG, but it's a slightly higher filesize.

Nick,
    The Texture pack is uploaded on the File Forge.. I created it under your own forum.. If you wanna upload anything else just register and post your stuff in your forum section..
    Thank you kindly. That is now the download button's link. Try it out to see if it works.

I check the files-sizes for the images. If they're far too large, then I'll scale them myself. If they're decent, I'll let them go. Also, what file-type do you prefer? JPEGs are pretty lossy and produce artifacts, so I generally go with .PNG, but it's a slightly higher filesize.
    I tend to lean towards .PNG. I don't like JPEG artifacts on my models. It really detracts from the model and texture itself. etc. etc.

peace,
    -nick

PNG All the way!

What an excellent format.. to me at least...

Thanks
    Terry

p.s. the link works just fine.. Though It takes about 15 seconds for it to allow you to save it. I think the server gets mad when you dont follow the yellow brick road.. lol
    Last edited by Nickadimos; 08-Jul-08 at 01:27.

The new textures are here. Most are 1024^2, scale them if you like. They are JPEGs, but their quality doesn't really suffer since they were taken from a camera in JPEG format anyways, so a PNG conversion would have just added to the filesize for no reason.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yj0imtecvmm

Enjoy ; )

Great job. I think I saw these already, but I don't search allot on the forums. I'm working on sci-fi textures next. I'm starting to love bump maps right about now.

peace,
    -nick

Any new updates? If you're waiting for more textures, I can work some up within the next few days.

Not yet. I've only been able to get on the computer within the last week for a couple of minutes each time. And in all those times, I've had to help out Jesusfrk with his level. So, I've been busy with allot of things. I think in about 3 weeks I'll finally have an update. Sorry for the wait guys and gals.

I've got some more textures coming though. I've painted some water (and plan on animating it with normal maps and all). I find it a little disheartening that others would start their own texture packs to try and compete with this one. This was supposed to be a community project, not something that I could claim to be my own. Which so far, only you (Dim) and I can really say we did anything to contribute.

I would like to encourage people to contribute their textures here instead of creating a thread for them or creating their own pack. I don't want to have to carry the weight of this project all the time because I do have a life outside of this in which I have jobs to do, people to talk to etc.

I just feel a little disheartened that's all, I don't mean to shed tears here. I'm happy and cool

peace,
    -nick

I certainly agree with you about the community part of this project Nick, but, at least for me personally, there's a lot of value in posting my textures in another thread to receive specific and focused feedback. To be honest, I really don't feel that that fact undercuts this thread at all as long as those files end up here, and people are aware that they are all available here together.

So perhaps if the other threads did something similar to what I did (reposting them here for your use), then the problem would be solved. I'm just sayin'

-Brandon

Ah, it's not a big deal. It doesn't undercut this thread at all. It's just that everyone wants to contribute something, but they want their name on it. And, there's nothing wrong with that. I was very naive in starting this thread either way.

Thanks for the kind word. It does help.

peace,
    -nick

I have some more textures here for you.

Any word on this?

Yey I love texture packs!

Any word on this?
    Unfortunately no. I would love to tell you guys that the file is going to be updated soon, but it's not. I find myself hard pressed between school, work, and a secret little game project. I don't have much time to work on the texture pack anymore. :sad:

I will still compile textures together if people send them. I might throw in a few that I've made for my project, but otherwise, I'm excruciatingly busy. (by the way, if you send me textures, do it through PM from this point on.

peace,
    -nick

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast