True Volumetric coming soon :)

:yes: Hello all!

I’ve being coding some real volumetrics for Blender, a Raycaster volumetrics, for any object interior media, still the raycaster are in early stages so dont expect it to soon (the title is for marketing :D:evilgrin:) but seriously, currently I could do renders! (by the way its not only for procedurals volumetrics, but also for scientific visualization (volumetrics from files and datasets))
Volumetrics could have any interior textures, from the material stack and from the shader tree , here are some render testings.
NOTE: everything are a simple cube, no other geometry!!

[file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/SAKPASE/Escritorio/imgs.html](file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/SAKPASE/Escritorio/imgs.html)

I’d love to see the renders, but you’ll have to load them onto some webspace somewhere, you can’t hyper link from your computer [=

Dan

LINK ??? :no:

Ok can we see the renders? (The link is playing up)

Da link … itz got nooo volumezz. :eyebrowlift2:

(I’m not really into hacking dem C drivez)

Give us the link, PLEASE! I’m on my knees begging you, man!

That sounds AWESOME!!!

@farsthary
In case you need a place to upload images, you can check
www.uploadgeek.com

(edit: April 9 right?)

That is just too funny :wink:

I hope that coding volumetric rendering is easier than uploading files to some free host site. :wink:

Seriously though, can’t wait to see some renders . . .

It’s a little late for April Fool’s jokes…

read about his update right here (no pictures, just text):

http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2008-April/020735.html

He should probably have Brecht or an experienced interface developer code the interface for him, he (not Brecht) does all the grunt work, let someone else code the interface.

Well the link is good …

CD, please stop trying to assign tasks to the developers . . .

Quoted for agreement.

I am now going to pick a number, sit down and peacefully wait in my zen position until mr. topicstarter returns.

This is the link, farsthary meant. :yes:

No pics??? Well that’s no fun :no:

:frowning: Sorry for that not working link

this is the real one, my blog:

next week I’ll post more test renders

hope you like it

the sky is the limit!!

Some of these could pass off as abstract art.

Nice work so far. Maybe soon we can see like fire, smoke, complex volume structures in an environment ect…

Typically for volumetrics you would show a room full of smoke ie participating media or similar.

Hard to tell from such abstract screenshots what to think but volumetrics in Blender would be well appreciated!

Koba