"Transport" Update [Blender 2008 F1 Challenge]

Hey,

Just my entry to the Blender 2008 challenge. Its in the future where “giant F1 racers get transported to the aerial race tracks by means of retired aircraft carriers. This is the only practical way to get them to the tracks over the ocean where crashing F1’s won’t harm people on the ground.”

I did not get to work on this as much as I had hoped too, and would have liked to spend more time on composition. However other events have forced me to stop early and call it finished.

So here it is and good luck to all the other competitors.

>>Original Image<<
>>Orig. Alternative Link<<

Update:

Blender+Indigo.
http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/605/blenderf1finalvo7.jpg

Cant see the picture :frowning:

Nice image I just think that you lost a lot of your model do to perspective. Bring the racer more up front at the moment it looks like part of the background and not THE MAIN THING.
More of an angle to see a little of the side too.

I agree with Musk. I want to see your racer :smiley:

Yes, I do admit the composition is bad ;). But seeing how the render only took ~24 hrs. and my work load has lightened a bit, I might be able to get a new render in.

(added a new link at top)…

Definitely need to fix the angle. It really loses a lot from the front view like that. And I’ve seen the WIP thread, so I know this is an AWESOME model. :slight_smile:

Hobo Joe: Hmm everyone wants a different angle ;).

Update: Managed to find enough time to fix the angle and let it render again, but changes I would have liked to make to the F1 I didn’t have time to do. Check top post for changes.

The new angle makes the image a lot better now that we can full y see your f1.
The f1 is great and i like the background a lot. Nice work on the modeling and textures good luck!

Been following this for a while without posting anything, but the new image is a huge improvement on the previous one. Loving all the cables on the vehicle and the soft lights by the bottom of the tower, really nice touch that is done perfectly - noticeable when you properly look around the image, but blends into the background when you first view it.

Really nice image, good luck with the competition :slight_smile:

P.O.C.: Thanks, and yes I’m glad that I was able to find more time to re-render it.

paulsgruff:
Thank you, I was debating whether or not to include the lights, but I’m glad I did in the end.

Wow…lokos great!
I’m not a great fan of the “transport”(it looks sorta cartoony) , but the tower at the back looks quite good.
BTW, were you serious about the 24 hours it took you to render?

You might want to add something for it to sit on. The engines look delicate and the entire weight of the aircraft is resting on them.