Thread: RENDER DEV: SAH-BVH Acceleration structure for raytracing, will need completion

RENDER DEV: SAH-BVH Acceleration structure for raytracing, will need completion

https://projects.blender.org/tracker..._id=9&atid=127

Stuff that should make the raytracer a bit faster. Seems to already be getting Brecht's attention.

With this we should be seeing good quality raytracing in BI become a bit faster.
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Adventures in Cycles; My official sketchbook

Higher Crackington, Cornwall, south west toe of Great Britain.
    Sounds like its got a similar problem to aao, where most of the time its faster, by a long way, but in certain circumstances its actually slower.
    Looks like another little promising bit of code in development though, almost as if the new code skipps using octree alltogether, but then again, i know little about coding.

Yes. It skips using octree altogether.

... Sad news that you Ypoissant (maybe) can't spend more time coding the new raytracer. Hopefully you'll get some help from other coders and the new raytracer will be in next Blender version. I'm really looking forward to this. In my tests, current Blender's raytracer is one of the major slowdowns in complex scenes with complex raytraced materials (which i do a lot in my projects).

Thank you for your work.
    tuqueque

second that
    3D Design Generalist - Faculty Industrial + Interior Design
    Chair Interior Design - Wayne State University