Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hi lsscpp... it is a good idea!... but i have to admit i'm still learning Blender and i still have to try that area... in a week or so i'll post the updated Material Preview Scene, remember is free to use and improve, so if anyone wants to help on unwrapping when i post the new scene, is more than welcome

Thanks for your suggestions!

that's a good idea lsscpp, but i have to admit that i'm still learning Blender and i haven't cover that area. In a week or so, i'll post the updated Blender Material Scene and remember is free to be used, modified and improved... so if anyone wants to help on Unwrapping, is more than welcome

Thanks for your suggestions!

hi tuqueque, i was wondering... any news?

Hello.

Sorry for the delays... is just that i'm making more cool stuff than i was planned!...

The Material Preview Object was made almost from scratch, a lot of topology glitches disappeared... Now the scene is much more "physically correct", it takes exposure and gamma into account, it has DOF and Glare... as close to a real photo as possible...

Just a little sneak peek...

Please excuse the delays again, give me one more week to nail down a couple of things and i'll release this new version

Thanks for your interest!
    tuqueque

that material preview could be very useful... well done!

Wow. Looking really nice. This could be official!
    System Specs: Arch Linux, Intel Core Duo @ 1.60 GHz, 1 GB RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon X1300

Originally Posted by egan View Post
    Wow. Looking really nice. This should be official!
    Yes, I agree!

very professional looking scene, congrats. To test SSS, is better if the test mesh has different thicknesses.

Hey, thanks

looks very realistic... linear workflow discussions paying off?
    Definitely!!!

Just finished another render...

About SSS testing, that's the reason for the Sub-surface bar

But as it was suggested earlier in a post by Eclectiel, i'm planing on create a couple extra scenes, one with fluids for better testing SSS and liquid materials in general... and another scene with a nice cloth for testing fabrics and alike...

First i'll post this scene, be patient for the other two... Right now "proyecto tuqueque" is taking a lot of my free time so i'm juggling to finish this scene and the small documentation PDF in the next days.

Greets
    tuqueque.

Can`t Wait! ok i can but still

...can't wait too...

hello, one more time sorry for the delays, i'm quite full of work right now and here at Maracaibo is sort of "rainy season" which causes energy breaks from time to time... besides an unnatural disaster worst than any storm... Hurricane Hugo Chávez has made public services really deplorable and electricity is one of the most affected. (sorry for the rant).

The good news is that I'm done with the Solid Material Scene and almost done with the Cloth and Fluids scene, i just have to add some bubbles in the fluid and SS bar in the Cloth and Fluids scenes... Then, finish some renders, update the Documentation... and that's it ... I'm actually not working on proyecto tuqueque just to finish the Blender Material Scenes in my free times.

Thanks for the interest and support!
    tuqueque

Very nice work

Though, think i prefer the matt blender logo without the material in the centre as it give a nice reference without any distraction.

If you want any help with anything, feel free to PM me

Hmm...That should be useful. I'll be waiting for you to let me download the thing.

I'm waiting.....
    still wating, lol :P .....

Just a little answer for THIS questions...

Originally Posted by hafunui
    Doesn't the SSS bar only work with participating media based algorithms? (volumetric SSS)
    Actually no, not necessarily... with a little of imagination and a little of blurry refraction here, transmission there, sss... you could get a nice SSS effect where the SSS bar would be of good help. This image bellow is an early test and demonstrates the idea... Besides, when volumetrics developing is done, you could do more realistic tests :P

See the SSS bar how it looks in different parts of the object where the thickness of the material changes

Originally Posted by hafunui
    Also, excellent topology on the cutout, I'd love to see wires.
    Thanks, here's a wire shot...

Greets, tuqueque

Looks great - I look forward to getting my hands on the download!

me too. looks pretty usefull.

What would you think about adding a scale indicator blenderunits wise, a little like in this picture, though it might be done to look a little nicer:
    http://jeffpatton.cgsociety.org/gallery/417917/

Hi Maurice... Sorry for taking that long to answer... it's been a crazy week with work here...

Is a nice suggestion, that actually was the idea when i prepared the grid floor, but some doubts came out...

First of all, Blender units are like "whatever you want them to be"... Lately there's the common assumption that 1.0 Blender unit is 1.0 Meter but i sincerely don't like that conversion since is not very comfortable to work and lacks some precision... I actually see 1.0 Blender unit as 1.0 Decimeter. Is a little odd but is much more manageable than 1.0 = 1.0mts for my works... Of course i don't want people to stick with my way of work and prefer to leave the units as a personal decision...

Now, if we see other Material Scenes, there's not a strict rule about what unit should be used...

...and more than that... Some materials could use different units than other... in one case you want to make elephant skin and the next time you want to make a strawberry surface... Each case should use a very different scale scene to come up with a nice preview.

What i'm thinking is to create an easy way to indicate scale in the scene, similar to what Maxwell, Indigo and My mental ray guys did with their scenes on the floor but going a little beyond... maybe create an easy input where the user can change how many units fits in each square of the floor...

In othe words, people can change the units indicator to be Inches, Centimeters, Decimeters, Meters or whatever they want.

I'm sure this will be an easy job ... thanks for that suggestion.

Greets.
    tuqueque
    Last edited by tuqueque; 08-Nov-08 at 00:56.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast