Modifier cannot be applied to Mesh with Shape Keys

I’m trying to use a lattice modifier to model shape keys and I get the following error message:
Modifier cannot be applied to Mesh with Shape Keys

Is there another way to use a lattice to modify shape keys?

Use the Apply Deformation script (3D header -> Object -> Scripts in Object Mode) . This will generate a new mesh with the lattice deformation or what ever else you have in your modifier stack … so if you have subsurf on I suggest you remove that from the stack as this will also get applied …

Do this for each shapekey you want . Then to add the various shapes generated, you can use the Rvk1 to Rvk2 script (3D header -> Mesh -> Scripts in Edit Mode) . First select the shape you want to add then shift-select your original mesh with it’s basis shape then tab into Edit Mode and then run the script … repeat for each shape …

If the above is too much work … you could just add shapekeys to the lattice itself and just use that for animating and skip the entire process above …

I got as far as getting the Apply Deformation script to run using the first method.
The second solution seems to be a lot better. Thanks.

Hum! Have to try again… but last time i tried to shapekey a lattice, it just woudn’t gat any…
So tahnks for this post: it will push me to make another test. :wink:

I have the same problem.