Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    I dont know if you know this, but if I run BPPlayer.exe and Microsoft Office (I have Office 2007) is running arises this error:

Error: The program has stopped at address 0x0009
    Error between BPPlayer And Office 2007.png

Why?
    Last edited by xaedro; 07-May-15 at 02:53.

Originally Posted by quickmind View Post
    Im jumping inside knowing that this will be updated to 2.74......
    Today I was running a game made with Blender 2.72 in BPPlayer without problems. yay!

Will the new BPPlayer encrypt every files concerning the game? even external text files ? In my project i use external .txt files as information storage, if a person opens it and changes several things, a part of the game play will change. I want to avoid that somehow.
    I am an artist who enjoys doing things like these. Don't worry, they don't cause jumpscare
    https://www.artstation.com/artist/rockymadio
    https://soundcloud.com/rockymadio

Originally Posted by xaedro View Post
    I dont know if you know this, but if I run BPPlayer.exe and Microsoft Office (I have Office 2007) is running arises this error:
    Thanks for the feedback xaedro, I was not aware of this issue (and will fix asap). In this case, the 0x0009 error looks like a security check failure.

Today I was running a game made with Blender 2.72 in BPPlayer without problems. yay!
    Nice. BPPlayer was built so that developers can use any Blender build they want (but it does require the developer to update the patch and compile Blender). The bigger issue is that some developers were concerned with the license change from GPLv2 to GPLv3 (since all 2.7x builds are under GPLv3 now). BPPlayer 1.07 was built with GPLv3 (and Blender 2.7x) in mind.

Originally Posted by RockyMadio View Post
    Will the new BPPlayer encrypt every files concerning the game? even external text files ? In my project i use external .txt files as information storage, if a person opens it and changes several things, a part of the game play will change. I want to avoid that somehow.
    At the moment, BPPlayer only encrypts *.blend files. Other formats are not supported at this time (and will probably not be supported in the v1.07 release either). However, you can still encrypt/decrypt external files by using a python library (see link or link). I've used this before for encrypting external files including text files and images. If you think these would be useful (and if I have some time) I could include some of these examples in the next BPPlayer release.
    Last edited by C-106 Delta; 10-May-15 at 18:08.

By the way, BPPlayer 1.07 is coming along nicely and I have almost all the Blender 2.74 updates and changes in place now. However, the new UI interface changes are taking longer than expected. Therefore, I'm going to push the release date for v1.07 back one last time to June 26th, 2015.

what about packed images in a .blend?

will they be encrypted?
    Break it and remake it - Wrectified
    If you cut off a head, the hydra grows back two.
    "headless upbge"

Originally Posted by BluePrintRandom View Post
    what about packed images in a .blend?

will they be encrypted?
    Yes, all content that is packed inside *.blend files is encrypted (this functionality is already supported in v1.06). =)

Originally Posted by C-106 Delta View Post
    At the moment, BPPlayer only encrypts *.blend files. Other formats are not supported at this time (and will probably not be supported in the v1.07 release either). However, you can still encrypt/decrypt external files by using a python library (see link or link). I've used this before for encrypting external files including text files and images. If you think these would be useful (and if I have some time) I could include some of these examples in the next BPPlayer release.

I never did encrypting files before and dont also have enough python skills to understand these clearly yet . It would be great if i could see few examples from you. Please do that
    I am an artist who enjoys doing things like these. Don't worry, they don't cause jumpscare

So can you make money off of your games using this?

Error between BPPlayer And Office 2007.png

Why?
    DeltaSpeeds, what does this error mean? I'm getting a customer that has it too. As far as I could tell Office wasn't running on the customers computer at the time.

Hi DeltaSpeeds. This is starting to get urgent. We've got several people having the issue now, including one of our office machines getting it periodically.

Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
    DeltaSpeeds, what does this error mean? I'm getting a customer that has it too. As far as I could tell Office wasn't running on the customers computer at the time.
    Yes, other programs also produce the same error; even Skype.

Originally Posted by siege View Post
    Yes. you avoid licensing issues.

Originally Posted by siege View Post
    Like xaedro said, yes.

Yes, other programs also produce the same error; even Skype.
    The issue was not exclusive to MS office. Regardless, v1.07 should fix most of the 0x0009 errors.
    Last edited by C-106 Delta; 26-Jun-15 at 21:26.

BPPlayer 1.07 has been release for Windows. You can download it from the first page of this thread (link). V1.07 adds the following features:

- Blender 2.74 support
    - Automatically download Blenderplayers from urls
    - Functionality to read/unzip *.zip files
    - New (platform independent) GUI interfaces/notifications windows
    - Bug fixes
    - Fix for 0x0009 errors

Most 0x0009 errors have been fixed in v1.07. However, if these errors ever occur again, please post the error message here (again) on this thread. In the scenario that the 0x0009 error ever occurs again, BPPlayer 1.07 provides more detail on the exact error (which makes it much easier for me to fix).

Also, as you may or may not have noticed, v1.07 does not include the following items at the moment:

- A Linux build
    - A Mac build
    - GUI Blend-to-Block converter for OS X and Linux
    - Loading screen / Splash screen supported when loading game content

These features were cut from the current version for two reasons:
    - The new GUI window manager API is taking longer than expected. To be fair, this one api increases the entire code base by nearly 40%.
    - I'm experiencing hardware failure on my main development machine. Although it's still usable, it's starting to become painful to develop with efficiently. Unfortunately, this will require some down time so I can rebuild my rig.

As a result, I plan on releasing an updated version in the future to make up for these missing features.

If you run into any problems, find bugs, or have a question, feel free to leave feedback. Thanks for all your help.
    Last edited by C-106 Delta; 23-Feb-16 at 00:54.

Awesome, works great. One question though: Once there are builds for other operating systems, will the download feature download the files necessary depending on the OS you are on?

I have a question, how can i just libload a block file? (in python)

Edit: i mean, i have external blendfiles. how can i encrypt them and let the game libload them?
    Last edited by RockyMadio; 27-Jun-15 at 08:05.

Very good work C-106 Delta!!!
    No more 0x0009 errors.
    Thank you!!!

Originally Posted by Lars Pfeffer View Post
    Awesome, works great. One question though: Once there are builds for other operating systems, will the download feature download the files necessary depending on the OS you are on?
    Yes. In fact, this features already (partially) exists. If you take a look at your user config file in a text editor (the one that is generated using BPPlayerGUI.exe when you go to "File"->"Save Config"), you'll see lines like:

Code:
    DownloadURL = {"https://www.dropbox.com/s/16ck19ponko0sye/blender-2.74-0615-windows32.zip?raw=1", "WIN32"}
    The second parameter indicates which platform the link is supported on. Possible choices include "WIN32", "LINUX", "MAC", "ALL". All the functionality is there, but it isn't directly accessible through the GUI yet.
    Last edited by C-106 Delta; 29-Jun-15 at 18:58.

Very good work C-106 Delta!!!
    No more 0x0009 errors.
    Thank you!!!
    Fantastic! And thanks for reporting bugs, it helps a lot.

Originally Posted by RockyMadio View Post
    I have a question, how can i just libload a block file? (in python)

Edit: i mean, i have external blendfiles. how can i encrypt them and let the game libload them?
    You can libload external encrypted blend files by using the "Static Encrypted File" feature (which can also be found on page 15 of the BPPlayer manual (link)). Before encrypting external files, you should always back them up in a separate directory. Anyways, here are the instructions for encrypting/loading external blend files:

1) Open BPPlayerGUI.exe
    2) Click the “Encrypt External (Static) Blend File” button.
    3) Select one blend file at a time and click open.
    4) Go to "File"->"Save Config", and save your config file (optional but recommended).
    5) Setup the rest of options that are relevant for your game (if you haven't already) and click the "Export" button.
    6) If you close the BPPlayerGUI.exe and browser to the directory that the blend files were selected, you should notice that there are new files with a *.000 extension.
    7) Move all files with the *.000 extension to a different directory and remove the *.000 extension in the file name.
    8) You should now be able to load these new files using libload.

Note: Files with *.000 files extension are encrypted and cannot be opened in Blender.
    Note: After removing the *.000 file extension, encrypted files will have the same name as your source files. Make sure you move them to a new location so that you avoid accidentally mixing these files up!

If you have more questions, let me know.
    Last edited by C-106 Delta; 29-Jun-15 at 19:35.

Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast