Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    Does UPBGE exports as closed, sellable file? And does it also support all features of BGE 2.77? cz I am making a AAA game in BGE and I put a lotta work into it, (I can send pics if u want). It's just too much work to turn back now :/
    If UPBGE supports Slow motion and other things (animating world color, animating diffuse color etc. new stuff in 2.77), and supports exporting to a sellable exe, i'll be happy to do so Vralsza

Hey C-106 Delta, PLeASE UPGRADE THE BPPlayer UPTO 2.77!
    A lot of ppl are counting on this to sell their games ;-;

@Dark Power

BPPlayer doesn't make your game sellable, in fact you will be breaking the GPL license even more by using it, it only makes it more protected against other people stealing material from it, which is not a 100% secure protection but it's better than the alternative, attaching your .blend file at the end of the executable.

@xaedro

Yes though you should put it all inside a try catch just in case someone tries to run your game on a diferent OS than Windows.

Hi,
    I downloaded BPPlayer and patched blenderplayer from your link. When I tried to run the example I got this

Error.jpg

You said .NET 3.5 or higher is required. I have 4.5 installed but I can't run BPPlayerGUI. I get this error -

GuiError.jpg

Don't know second error is happening because of .NET though, just my guess.

Reagrds,
    Bird

Check your blender version. BPPlayer supports maximum 2.74
    Game project: KRUM , Tomato Jones , BuildMoreCubes , Tomato Jones 2 -- all on Steam

I am using the blenderplayer provided by C-106 Delta on the first post. That blenderplayer should suppose to work with BPPLayer. I am also using the same version.

Originally Posted by xaedro View Post
    Hi C-106 Delta,

because of your app/blenderplayer don't provide a mean for put a title when the game run in a window, I did this code for do it. Is necessary put it in a python script that is called at start for some object in the scene.
    Thanks for sharing! If enough users want this feature, perhaps it should be integrated into BPPlayer (which would allow for cross-platform support).

Originally Posted by Dark Power View Post
    I loved ur work bro!
    But do tell, have you upgraded the BPPlayer to run on blender's current version(2.77)? Or will this run with it also?
    What I mean to ask is, does tis use only 2.74's Blender Player? cz if so, then a lotta new stuff has been added to 2.77 which wont run then. Is there a way to solve that?
    BPPlayer can use any version of Blender (if you're willing to patch and compile Blender yourself). However, at the moment, I only provide support for 2.74 and older (but this will change in the next week or so).

@BirdaoGwra

The first error occurred because you are using a Blenderplayer that BPPlayer "thinks" is incompatible (perhaps the files became corrupted?). Try to download the Blenderplayer from here instead (or run the BPPlayer.exe in the example folder).

As for the second error, it looks like a .NET problem. I've seen similar errors before when the BPPlayerGUI is placed in the same directory as the Blenderplayer (and will generate an error due to conflicting dlls).
    Last edited by C-106 Delta; 27-Sep-16 at 21:16.

Originally Posted by Dark Power View Post
    Does UPBGE exports as closed, sellable file? And does it also support all features of BGE 2.77? cz I am making a AAA game in BGE and I put a lotta work into it, (I can send pics if u want). It's just too much work to turn back now :/
    If UPBGE supports Slow motion and other things (animating world color, animating diffuse color etc. new stuff in 2.77), and supports exporting to a sellable exe, i'll be happy to do so Vralsza
    @Dark Power
    Yes, you can sell everything made with BPPlayer (including BPPlayer itself).

@elmeunick9
    I think Dark Power was referring specifically to BPPlayer (its components and output), not the Blenderplayer (although, obliviously, you can also sell Blender and its output too - GPL does not place restrictions on selling as you mentioned).

Originally Posted by elmeunick9 View Post
    ...in fact you will be breaking the GPL license even more by using it...
    @elmeunick9
    *Sign* this gets mildly annoying after having explained this so many times. BPPlayer does NOT break GPL. It is an independent work which is not derived or dependent on (as defined in the GPL itself) any copyleft code or work. BPPlayer is basically a launcher (where you can swap out other application players including Blenderplayer, UPBGE, Gamekit, etc). Furthermore, distribution of Blenderplayers (if you choose to use one) are downloaded separately in v1.07 and up (in compliance with GPLv3).

The only other argument you can make is the usage of the "import bge" module in python scripts. However, this only effects python scripts (not all game content) and is debatable since the bge module can be replaced with alternative modules (which themselves may not be GPL'd).
    Last edited by C-106 Delta; 27-Sep-16 at 21:06.

In version 1.07, closing Blenderplayer (when using BPPlayer) takes several seconds (long enough for users to start clicking again which causes Windows to think its frozen).
    Have you done anything about the time it takes to close in later versions of BPPlayer?

I was not getting that delay closing when only using Blenderplayer.
    Last edited by TheDave; 27-Sep-16 at 20:16. Reason: Accidentally put wrong version

@TheDave

I haven't seen any noticeable delays when closing the Blenderplayer in BPPlayer v1.07, but I'd be interesting in looking into the issue further. By any chance, how big are your block files?

Also, BPPlayer v1.08 (not released yet) now has an entirely new communication protocol (which is far faster overall - especially for large files).
    Last edited by C-106 Delta; 27-Sep-16 at 20:54.

My block file is 130MB.

Ah nice! I'll give that a play when it comes out.

Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
    My block file is 130MB...
    Hmm... A 130MB file still shouldn't have that noticeable of a delay... what kind of hardware is used?

I also wanted to point out that a new release (v1.07b) will be available on October 6th, 2016. v1.07b adds support for Blender 2.78 (and will also include an additional surprise).

BPPlayer v1.08 is planned to be released in December 2016. The biggest addition to v1.08 is the development of a completely new communication protocol between BPPlayer and Blenderplayer. This new protocol enables:

- Bidirectional communication
    - Faster loading times (helps with large files)
    - Files can be streamed over a network
    - Directly read/write file content stored in *.block files
    - Files no longer need to be unpacked (or written to disk)
    - BPPlayer no longer requires write permission (can be executed on a read-only file system).
    - Better security
    - Usage of more common/modern encryption algorithms such as AES-256.
    - The usage of static and dynamic keys are no longer required
    - Far more reliable on platforms like Linux and Mac
    - Opens the door for alternatives to the "import bge" issue (in python scripts)
    Last edited by C-106 Delta; 30-Sep-16 at 18:20.

Excellent work!

Can you take steps to work with the upbge team for next release?

Thank you,
    Break it and remake it - Wrectified
    If you cut off a head, the hydra grows back two.
    "headless upbge"

Originally Posted by BluePrintRandom View Post
    Excellent work!

Can you take steps to work with the upbge team for next release?

Thank you,
    Originally Posted by C-106 Delta View Post
    v1.07b adds support for Blender 2.77a (and will also include an additional surprise).
    Note my emphasis on the second quote

It's like Christmas

I noticed the in/out stuff,

if I needed terrain streaming in and out could you help me with that? (meshes)

I can choose what I need to load using a KDTree 'Loading Bubble' and it's quite efficent, but I am scared about using libLoad/LibFree in a full scale production. right now I am grabbing kit instances from a single blend and generating a ton of huge meshes on the fly.....
    <strong>

and can we store already converted game engine data as the encrypted data to load?
    (like generated terrains ??)

Last edited by BluePrintRandom; 27-Sep-16 at 22:25.
    Break it and remake it - Wrectified
    If you cut off a head, the hydra grows back two.
    "headless upbge"

Originally Posted by C-106 Delta View Post
    Hmm... A 130MB file still shouldn't have that noticeable of a delay... what kind of hardware is used?
    On my development machine, it's about 1 second. I'm running i7 3.6GHz 8GB RAM nVidia 750 GTX.

Our customers are running your standard 5 to 8 year old corporate computer that only has integrated intel cards and 2 to 6 gigs of RAM. Those take 3 to 6 seconds to close.

1 second isn't a problem, but anything above 3 seconds seems to make the user second-guess.

Very exciting changes btw, looking forward to 1.08!

Originally Posted by BluePrintRandom View Post
    ...if I needed terrain streaming in and out could you help me with that? (meshes)

I can choose what I need to load using a KDTree 'Loading Bubble' and it's quite efficent, but I am scared about using libLoad/LibFree in a full scale production. right now I am grabbing kit instances from a single blend and generating a ton of huge meshes on the fly.....

and can we store already converted game engine data as the encrypted data to load?
    (like generated terrains ??)
    With the new bidirectional communication protocol, you can read encrypted blend files on demand (or any other encrypted files) that are packed inside *.block files - at any time without unpack files. For example, you can store/pack/encrypt pre-processed game data files (meshes or otherwise) into block file(s). Then (during runtime) read the encrypted pre-processed game files from the block file(s). All data read is encrypted and secure (never written to disk) and is loaded straight into RAM.

Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
    ...Our customers are running your standard 5 to 8 year old corporate computer that only has integrated intel cards and 2 to 6 gigs of RAM. Those take 3 to 6 seconds to close.

1 second isn't a problem, but anything above 3 seconds seems to make the user second-guess...
    Hmm, yeah, I can see why more than 3 seconds would make them second-guess. I'm not sure why there would be such a delay though... v1.08 will most likely resolve this problem, but I'll look into the issue regardless.
    Last edited by C-106 Delta; 27-Sep-16 at 23:03.

I will wait for your next update .

Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast