Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BPPlayer - BGE Security (1.07b Win32) - Blender 2.78 support

BPPlayer - BGE Security (1.07b Win32) - Blender 2.78 support

Overview: The BPPlayer is a stand alone application that allows developers to release content without the need to release source files. BPPlayer encrypts all the content in blend files and generates new files known as "block files". Block files can then be distributed (along with the BPPlayer) to end users. New documentation for the BPPlayer has been included in the downloads below and can also be viewed online here (link).

Version 1.07b can be downloaded below. If you have a problem, please feel free to post below.

---Windows 32 bit------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Download BPPlayer 1.07b
    Patched 2.74 Blenderplayer (optional download - not required)
    Patched 2.78 Blenderplayer (optional download - not required)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---Linux 64 bit-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not available yet (see this)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---Mac OSX (universal)-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Not available yet (see this)

New features in v1.07 include:
    - Blender 2.78 support
    - Automatically download Blenderplayers from urls
    - Functionality to read/unzip *.zip files
    - New (platform independent) GUI interfaces/notifications windows
    - Bug fixes
    - Fix for 0x0009 errors (see this).

Version 1.08 (July 2017) is planned to support the following features:
    - New communication protocol between BPPlayer and Blenderplayer
    - Loading screen / Splash screen supported when loading game content
    - Cleaned up BPPlayer-Blenderplayer Patch
    - Win32/Win64/Linux64 builds
    - For more details about v1.08, see here.

For future development, v1.09 will look into:
    - GUI Blend-to-Block converter for OS X and Linux
    - improve sandbox support.
    - new BPPlayer icon.
    - Steam support.

Older Versions:
    ---Linux 64 bit-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Download BPPlayer 1.06 (includes patched 2.49b blenderplayer)
    Download BPPlayer 1.06 (includes patched 2.65 blenderplayer (revision 53908))
    ---Mac OSX (universal)-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Download BPPlayer 1.06 (Mac users should read this post first)

Note: BPlayer requires .NET 3.5 or higher (which you can download it from here or here).
    Note: The blenderplayer patch for v1.06 (for Blender 2.68a) can be found here.
    Note: The blenderplayer patch for v1.05c (for Blender 2.67b) can be found here.
    Note: most of the content before page 21 is "out of date" and may not correspond to the latest version.
    Last edited by C-106 Delta; 08-Mar-17 at 23:50. Reason: Added support for Blender 2.78 (v1.07b)

Wow ... I will test it right now. Thanks, C-106 Delta.

I will report any problems or bugs (but I think there will be none ).
    BWC 2009 entry: Europa // Blending Life 2 entry: Pinhead // BWC 2010 WIP: Angelika (nudity)

My webpage (in Czech language): www.pharcom.ic.cz

Hi there,

When running the Red Agent Demo with BPPlayer game, I got an error - I've attached a screenshot of the error message ( Windows XP SP3 )

Keep up the great work - it would be very cool to get some of the functionality integrated in to the main Blender app itself ( to make it easier for people to make use of it ).

Mal
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by malCanDo; 14-Jul-08 at 15:27.

When running the Red Agent Demo with BPPlayer game, I got an error - I've attached a screenshot of the error message ( Windows XP SP3 )
    Edit: Wait, I found the problem. Take a look at this thread:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/free...xc0000135.html
    Last edited by C-106 Delta; 14-Jul-08 at 20:10.

Works great, for me!
    I have a question...is it possible to run within the game block file, or when started, it can load only blend files. I'm asking this, because if I have every level of the game in separated .blend file I may need to convert everyone of them to .block file.
    And can you make BPPConverter.exe to ask which .dll files in the directory to pack..so that we can pack all the *.dll files we want, no matter if they exist in blender versions or not?
    Last edited by haidme; 15-Jul-08 at 03:55.
    Game project: KRUM , Tomato Jones , BuildMoreCubes , Tomato Jones 2 -- all on Steam

Hi C-106 Delta,

Installing the .NET framework fixed the problem ( I installed the latest 3.5 .NET framework, rather than the 1.1 framework the link pointed to, and it worked ).

Is there a way of avoiding using the .NET framework? On my new ( 2 month old ) computer here ( which came with XP SP2, and which was then upgraded to SP3 ), the .NET framework didn't seem to be installed, so not everyone will have it. It's also quite a size of a one-off download ( around 60Mb ).

Other than the .NET requirement, it works great!
    Mal

WOW, that's what blender`s needed.

Is there a way of avoiding using the .NET framework?
    Yes, I could use a different IDE other than Microsoft Visual C++ (like Dev-C++ for example). There are two problems with this, though. First, a bit of code rework would need to be done. Second, it would be slower (it would increase the loading time up to 20%). Right now, you could run a 100 MB block file and it would only take about 2-3 seconds to load the file in memory - which is very fast.

Is there a way of avoiding using the .NET framework? On my new ( 2 month old ) computer here ( which came with XP SP2, and which was then upgraded to SP3 ), the .NET framework didn't seem to be installed, so not everyone will have it. It's also quite a size of a one-off download ( around 60Mb ).
    The .NET framework is a bit annoying, but many modern Windows computers have the required framework by default.

Plus, you really should have an up-to-date NET anyways. It's not really going to kill you to update and you can run so many additional applications with it. But still, I'll see what I can do.

And can you make BPPConverter.exe to ask which .dll files in the directory to pack..so that we can pack all the *.dll files we want, no matter if they exist in blender versions or not?
    Do you mean: "pack any file we want in the Packed.dll"? Then yes, it's possible. Matter a fact, that's a good idea. I can integrate it in the next build. =)

I have a question...is it possible to run within the game block file, or when started, it can load only blend files. I'm asking this, because if I have every level of the game in separated .blend file I may need to convert everyone of them to .block file.
    Currently, block files can link to (or run) other blend files (similar to how blend files link to other blend files) ... but block files can't link to other block files. In other words, you would only be able to convert your starting blend into a block file and all the other linked files would need to remain as a blend.

However, I have been looking into linking block files to other block files. It's is possible, but again, it requires a bit of code rework. I'll try to have block linking in the next build.
    Last edited by C-106 Delta; 15-Jul-08 at 16:59.

when I click Red Agent.exe it crashes...
    I'm on a vista.

when I click Red Agent.exe it crashes...
    I'm on a vista.
    Does it crash right away? Are any of the dll's unpacked? Also, does it give you an error message or anything or does it just suddenly close?

rather than packing into the packed.dll, could you make it pack into another format in any sub directory such as if i want to pack my image files into a .pak format or something.

How do I know what .net framework I have?

How do I know what .net framework I have?
    I don't think you can check what version of .net you have by default. I think this guy said it best:
    Carter:
    I suppose the ultimate check is, if it doesn't run, the framework isn't
    installed )
    The BPPlayer needs at least .net version 1.1 to run. If the Red Agent.exe works, then you have at least net 1.1. If your really picky, you could search the registry for "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramewo rk\policy\v1.1" or something similar to that.

rather than packing into the packed.dll, could you make it pack into another format in any sub directory such as if i want to pack my image files into a .pak format or something.
    Simple answer, yes. Long answer: I think the range of what the BPPlayer is compatible of packing should be extended. Allowing you to save the packed.dll as any format and giving the user the ability to pack anything he/she wants. I'll extend packing in future versions.
    Last edited by C-106 Delta; 15-Jul-08 at 17:59.

Originally Posted by C-106 Delta View Post
    Does it crash right away? Are any of the dll's unpacked? Also, does it give you an error message or anything or does it just suddenly close?
    It just crash right away , no error message... and the "packed.dll" is there...

I have 1.1 and gives me this error:

Windows 2K SP4
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have 1.1 and gives me this error:
    Net is a pain...

Anyways, Here is the latest version of Net (version 3.5). You can't go wrong if you have the latest version.

not for win2K what one should I get?

It just crash right away , no error message... and the "packed.dll" is there...
    Micro27, try these two files:

FileExe1
    FileExe2

If they work, they will print a message like "Test Successful". Tell me if they work. Also, could you take a shot screen.... or isn't there anything to take a picture of?

not for win2K what one should I get?
    Did you try the second link I posted? (Link).

I'll still try to reduce the NET requirements anyways...
    Last edited by C-106 Delta; 16-Jul-08 at 17:51.

3.5 is not for win2K is what i meant.

3.5 is not for win2K is what i meant.
    Oh, lol. You don't need 3.5 to run the BPPlayer anyways. All you need is NET 2.0. Try this one:

Link

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast