Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: BPPlayer - BGE Security (1.07b Win32) - Blender 2.78 support

So, I'm not sure what I'm supposed do with the new build exactly but here's what i did.

I replaced the exe in BPPTest3 with the one in BPPFix2, and the demo ran fine with no console window.
    I'm on windows XP.
    No ErrorLog, is that because it ran fine?

While I was typing this I downloaded the converter and made my own little
    demo and it worked great! this is cool!

By the way, whats the license for using this when your done.

Hrm, I wonder why my machine didn't report itself as Windows Vista. *shrug*

I'll check again tomorrow to see if you've uploaded another build.

Good work!

-edit-
    @PhilB
    You shouldn't notice any difference between BPPTest3 and BPPFix2 because we're trouble-shooting Vista compatability, not XP. If I remember correctly, its already written (or linked to) the licensing details earlier in this thread. It effectly means you can complile your Blender work without making it free to the public.
    Last edited by TheDave; 22-Feb-09 at 21:04.

I've tested BPPTest4 and BPPFix2 on Vista and I got an error: clash.

By the way, whats the license for using this when your done.
    I've include the license in the latest download zip below.

Hrm, I wonder why my machine didn't report itself as Windows Vista. *shrug*
    I'm not 100% sure, but it may have been caused from the way WindowsVista() returns values. The WindowsVista() fuction returns the version of windows that your running and then compares the number to the version number of Vista.

I've tested BPPTest4 and BPPFix2 on Vista and I got an error: clash.
    This could happen if you try to run two different BPPlayer threads at the same time, or if you try to run the BPPlayer many times simultaneously. I found that it was a glitch caused the the Win32 function, "Sleep()". I've fixed the problem now, however, this error may show up again if you try to run more than one BPPlayer application at one time in the same folder.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've also made a few changes a tweaks. You can try the latest build here. I tried a few different things in the bppHide.exe but I still don't have enough information to pinpoint the problem. It's possible that you will still have problems with it. Please report any problems that you find.

- Thank you,
    DeltaSpeeds
    Last edited by C-106 Delta; 12-Mar-09 at 16:36.

This truly is awsome, but i dont really know how to install it...

Thanks for the update.

Your latest test works, though bppHide is still crashing after a few seconds.

Great update!
    Unfortunately, linkage still doesn't work with relative paths for me.
    Can you make a test release with a linked blend file, maybe I'm doing something wrong.
    Game project: KRUM , Tomato Jones , BuildMoreCubes , Tomato Jones 2 -- all on Steam

Your latest test works, though bppHide is still crashing after a few seconds.
    I tried changing a few thing. Try this build. If the bppHide.exe still crashes, I have a special debug build ready. (Link Removed because it was no longer needed)

Unfortunately, linkage still doesn't work with relative paths for me.
    Can you make a test release with a linked blend file, maybe I'm doing something wrong.
    The linkage is still being tweaked a little, but first, I'll tell you how it works. I was able to get linking working by changing the file directories in the blend file itself. When the BPPlayer decodes a block file the original blend file is held in memory for a very (very) short period of time. During this time, the BPPlayer scans for these linking directories and automatically changes them to the current directory.

The problem, however, is that reading and writing to the blend file format is not always easy. Plus, the current liking feature is not finished. At the moment, it only changes directories that are back two directories (like your example file before). I'll make a few tweaks and give you an new build Wednesday.
    Last edited by C-106 Delta; 12-Mar-09 at 16:27.

bppHide is broken entirely now. It crashes right away and does not hide the console.

Code:
    This truly is awsome, but i dont really know how to install it...
    The block exporter python script and the converter.exe is all you need. They should be on page 9 (if I remember correctly). However, I haven't released the final version of the script yet because I'm trying to fix up other problems in the BPPlayer itself. I'll clean everything up and have a new script by Friday or Saturday.

bppHide is broken entirely now. It crashes right away and does not hide the console.
    Strange. After I implanted errorlogging into the bpphide.exe, these lines of code stopped working correctly (even on my computer).

Code:
        if (argc > 0){
            if (string(argv[1]) == string("-d")){
                argn = 1;
            }
            if (string(argv[1]) == string("-f")){
                fileNameStr = gcnew String(argv[2]);
                fileChange = 1;
            }
        }
    Anyways try this build. The bpphide.exe has error logging enabled. If it returns "346", it means everything ran correctly. (Link Removed because it was no longer needed)
    Last edited by C-106 Delta; 12-Mar-09 at 16:28.

The simulation ran fine. After a few seconds, bppHide crashed and gave a 337 error.

Excluding the bppHide problem, is the rest ready? I'd actually find it quite useful to experiment with BPPlayer with the console showing. I made a preloader program that checks with a central server for updates (and applies them if available) that will need tweaking.

Is it possible to compact the pyc files into a dll too?

The simulation ran fine. After a few seconds, bppHide crashed and gave a 337 error.
    Error 337 means that it almost worked correctly. It seemed to be crashing at an "if" statement. (Under these situations) the statement should always return false, so it mush have been crashing at this point in the file. After looking over that line of code, I believe the getRoot() function was not working correctly. After looking over the function, I did notice that it was rather old and replaced it with the new getRoot() function.
    I believe I also fixed the problem with it crashing before (when it was crashing right away). For some reason, the compiler continued to compile the character pointers as System::String rather than std::string even after I recast it. This problem has now been solved.

Please try the latest build from here. I also turned error logging off. Hopefully, I fixed everything, but just to be 100% sure please try the build.

Excluding the bppHide problem, is the rest ready?
    Basically. There are many features that I did not get around to finishing (like file linking, more options for window/console control, switching the block file format, calling BPPlayer API commands from blender, and linux support.) I'll try to see what I can do by friday. Anyways, I wouldn't suggest using the BPPlayer for your game until the 1.0.1 release this Friday-Saturday. I'll also include the latest py scripts and converter.exe.

By the way TheDave, did the old converter.exe run on your computer? I know that the current converter.exe (on page 9) used some of the old BPPlayer API commands (some of which didn't work on your computer). If you have problems, I have to update it.

Is it possible to compact the pyc files into a dll too?
    Yes. It is possible to compact any file(s) into a single file (it doesn't need to be a dll).
    Last edited by C-106 Delta; 12-Mar-09 at 13:41.

Nice work! This one runs perfectly. I checked the Task Manager to confirm it, bppHide closed without problems.

For some reason, the compiler continued to compile the character pointers as System::String rather than std::string even after I recast it.
    I found that when I was writing scripts for Torque, it would compile scripts before running the program, but only if it detected a change. Sometimes it didn't pick it up so we were told to run a batch file to clear out all compiled scripts before testing. Maybe it was something similar?

Anyways, I wouldn't suggest using the BPPlayer for your game until the 1.0.1 release this Friday-Saturday.
    Sure =) I didn't think it would be, but I thought I'd ask just in case. I'm really looking forward to seeing the first true release!

By the way TheDave, did the old converter.exe run on your computer?
    Yes, I downloaded the converter about the same time I got the RAexample11. At the time, I couldn't run anything I converted but the example worked fine. I kept the block files and have since tried it again with your new player and it works. I did get some errors which I was able to fix using the version that failed to hide the console. It was all just missing dependancies, which had an easy solution.

Yes, I downloaded the converter about the same time I got the RAexample11. At the time, I couldn't run anything I converted but the example worked fine. I kept the block files and have since tried it again with your new player and it works. I did get some errors which I was able to fix using the version that failed to hide the console. It was all just missing dependancies, which had an easy solution.
    That's good. So it sounds like everything is working correctly.

I found that when I was writing scripts for Torque, it would compile scripts before running the program, but only if it detected a change. Sometimes it didn't pick it up so we were told to run a batch file to clear out all compiled scripts before testing. Maybe it was something similar?
    I suppose it's possible. I could have made a clean build. However, I still don't think it would have help under these circumstances.

I made a few more changes. Please test this build. This build should look identical to the other one except it is compatible of showing the console window based on the settings data provided by the block file.
    Last edited by C-106 Delta; 12-Mar-09 at 16:20.

Update:

I made a few changes, but unfortunately I did not implant all the features I had hoped to. The latest version should work fine for the blender game competition though. If you don't already have them, you can find the block_exporter script from here and the converter.exe from here. The BPPlayer can be downloaded from here. Just replace the data.block with your own block file. You will also need the blenderplayer 2.48a dll build. You can find the 2.48a dll from here.

I'll work on fixing the linking feature and Linux build next week.
    Last edited by C-106 Delta; 13-Apr-09 at 01:19.

The new test build works fine. I'm having some trouble with the block_exporter script though. I think I used an executable to change it last time, figured I'd try the .py script this time. It came up with the error:
    'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

As you can probably tell, my Blender is installed into the Program Files.

I'll try using the executable again. I'll post again later with those results. The first set of downloads for BPPlayer I got had instructions in them, could you pop those instructions into the latest builds too please?

In case it helps, I'm running 2.45. You included the dll files for that version so I don't see a problem arising from it.

-edit-
    I created the .block file using the converter program. Packing the block file into a runtime did not work; the program crashed imediately after launching. However, dropping the .block file onto BPPlayer made it run. The simulation couldn't progress past the splashscreen so something failed in the startup script, but I have no way to turn on the console (the converter doesn't give that option) to find out whats wrong.
    Last edited by TheDave; 15-Mar-09 at 15:45.

I'm having some trouble with the block_exporter script though. I think I used an executable to change it last time, figured I'd try the .py script this time. It came up with the error:
    'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
    When using the .py exporter, make sure the converter.exe is in the same directory as the blender.exe (usually, C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\ ).

If it still doesn't work after you put the the converter.exe in the right directory, then try and put the converter.exe in the root of the C drive and change this line of code:

Code:
    homeD = Blender.sys.dirname(sys.argv[0])+Blender.sys.dirsep
    to

Code:
    homeD = "C:\\"
    Code:
     Packing the block file into a runtime did not work; the program crashed imediately after launching.
    I've heard that there have been some problems related to block packing and (you guessed it) Windows Vista. I'll try to fix the problem and give you a few test builds Friday or Saturday.

The simulation couldn't progress past the splashscreen so something failed in the startup script, but I have no way to turn on the console (the converter doesn't give that option) to find out whats wrong.
    By simulation, do you mean game? Anyways, it could be cause from a few different things. First, (to make sure it's user error or a problem with the BPPlayer), make your game into a normal standalone with the normal blenderplayer (in blender go to File>>Save as Runtime). If it works correctly in the blenderplayer, then there is something wrong with the BPPlayer. If something goes wrong in the blenderplayer, then it is user error. If there is something wrong with the BPPlayer, then it could be caused by one of two problems:

- You game links to other blend files, or...
    - The current linking feature somehow corrupted the block file? (Unlikely but possible)
    Last edited by C-106 Delta; 15-Mar-09 at 17:10.

My bad, I must have missed that part in the manual. I put the converter in the same directory as Blender and the export script works fine now. I ran the new .block to check out what errors were printing but it didn't give me a console (yes I changed the setting before exporting).

By simulation, do you mean game? Anyways, it could be cause from a few different things. First, (to make sure it's user error or a problem with the BPPlayer), make your game into a normal standalone with the normal blenderplayer (in blender go to File>>Save as Runtime). If it works correctly in the blenderplayer, then there is something wrong with the BPPlayer
    Yes, I mean game. Unfortunately the problems not that easy to narrow down. I've been running the game on our teaching network (about 20 computers) for roughly a year now with a networked database. It's got CD protection code, depenancy checking, automatic patching, and loading of databases all in that splash scene so it could be any of those failing because I've done something silly like forgotten a small file, put the wrong ISO in, or using some of your 2.48a files instead of my 2.45. There is no linking at all in my game. From the looks of the way it isn't working, I think it'll be a missing DLL (or wrong version) problem. It'll be a 30sec fix as soon as I know what it is =)

I've heard that there have been some problems related to block packing and (you guessed it) Windows Vista. I'll try to fix the problem and give you a few test builds Friday or Saturday.
    Yay for Vista... again. I'll be able to try them on Monday. Cheers!

-edit-
    After some fiddling, I'm fairly confident it's not running because the blenderplayerbpp.exe is 2.48a and is looking for files for the corresponding version. Could you make a version with a 2.45 version player?
    Last edited by TheDave; 15-Mar-09 at 20:31.

-edit-
    After some fiddling, I'm fairly confident it's not running because the blenderplayerbpp.exe is 2.48a and is looking for files for the corresponding version. Could you make a version with a 2.45 version player?
    The old polorix site had some most of the dlls.... but then polorix when down. After it came back up (a year later) everything on the site was scattered. I'll try to find the 2.45 version or make a new one. Ok, I found it. You can download the 2.45 dll from here: Link

One last thing, I'll work on the BPPlayer saturday and upload a link late sunday or monday.

Thanks for the link, but I was already using those. The blenderplayer you used is a different version and won't run properly with my 2.45 game. When using the 2.45 dll's with your current version, it complains that it's missing dll's which were included for 2.48a.

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast