Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Is there a set release date for OS X?

Is there a set release date for OS X?
    I doubt that there would be a Mac release before August. Reason being, I don't really have access to a Mac. Right now, I'm attempting to use a Visual Machine to mimic a mac osx environment. From there, I could compile a OS X version.

I'd like to have a Mac version running by the end of August, but I can't promise anything. =/

Amazing!
    This MUST be included for the official blender v2.47!
    Thank you!

Originally Posted by C-106 Delta View Post
    Oh, lol. You don't need 3.5 to run the BPPlayer anyways. All you need is NET 2.0. Try this one:

Link
    is it safe/ok to install 2.0 thats for win2K SP3 on my win2K SP4?

How can I make the DOS window stay up?

Oooooooohhhhhhh, I know. Someone else had this problem before. Apparently, the BPPlayer doesn't work correctly if you try to download it to a temporary internet folder. What you need to do, is download it to the desktop (or anywhere on the hard disk). Then try to run it.

I'm not sure why the player needs to be saved to disk. It might be due to NET, or it might be due to the api I'm using. Anyways, you need to download it to disk. Also make sure you extract the zip file. If your using Internet Explorer, right click and and "Save Target As". Hope that helped. =)

How can I make the DOS window stay up?
    From the comment, I'm guessing you got it working, correct? Anyways, the BPPlayer hides the console window by default. Currently, you can't disable it. However, future versions might give you a setting that would allow you to hide or show the console window.
    Last edited by C-106 Delta; 17-Jul-08 at 17:26.

yep I got it working mostly. Do I need to give the block if I give the compiled .exe it makes?

I have found a prolem a try and open a .block with BBPlayer and it doesn't do anything samething if I compile into a .exe any ideas?
    Last edited by alienkid10; 18-Jul-08 at 10:38.

Curse Vista, it wont tell me what the problem is!!!!!!!!!!! it just tells me that Red Agent.exe has stopped working and needs to close, and no matter what i select it closes anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don't mind me, I'm Ticcentric!

Do I need to give the block if I give the compiled .exe it makes?
    No. Once you pack a block file into an exe, you do not need to release the block file.

I have found a prolem a try and open a .block with BBPlayer and it doesn't do anything samething if I compile into a .exe any ideas?
    Right now, loading block files are limited. The only way you can load a block file is if it's in the same directory, and if it has the exact name "blend.block". You also can't "drag and drop" block files in the player yet. For now, it's easier just to compile it all into a single exe.

Also keep in mind that if a block file is already packed in an exe, it will not look for external block files. Here's how block loading works:

Code:
     If bpplayer already has a packed block file inside itself:
     - load internal block file
     - ignore outside block files

If the bpplayer can't find an packed block file inside itself:
     - look around for a block file

If it can't find an internal or an external file:
     - Give up (close the player)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Curse Vista, it wont tell me what the problem is!!!!!!!!!!! it just tells me that Red Agent.exe has stopped working and needs to close, and no matter what i select it closes anyway.
    If you've already done this:

make sure you extract the zip file. If your using Internet Explorer, right click and and "Save Target As". If your using FireFox, right click and "Save Link As".
    and if it still doesn't work, then try these two files:

FileExe1
    FileExe2

good work !
    just curious , how much time did you spend on this project ?
    iOS Developer, Game Developer & Blender Artist
    www.deyaeldeen.com

good work !
    Thanks.

just curious , how much time did you spend on this project ?
    `-` Do you really want to know? I will say this - it took me much longer than I thought it would take... but everything worked out great.

No. Once you pack a block file into an exe, you do not need to release the block file.

Right now, loading block files are limited. The only way you can load a block file is if it's in the same directory, and if it has the exact name "blend.block". You also can't "drag and drop" block files in the player yet. For now, it's easier just to compile it all into a single exe.

Also keep in mind that if a block file is already packed in an exe, it will not look for external block files. Here's how block loading works:

Code:
     If bpplayer already has a packed block file inside itself:
     - load internal block file
     - ignore outside block files

If the bpplayer can't find an packed block file inside itself:
     - look around for a block file

If it can't find an internal or an external file:
     - Give up (close the player)
    I am not trying to drag and drop and it the block is blend.block the dlls don't even apper!(i'll attach the blend and see if it works for you,made in 2.46)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Oh yea. I forgot to mention. Your block file (and/or blend file) has to be over 1 MB in size for it to work properly in the BPPlayer. (It says in the manual too). My mistake.

I did this for a few reasons:
    - *There is an usual problem with the importing feature at line 1380 if the file is below 1 MB.
    - Most games that are even worth protecting are generally above 1 MB.
    Last edited by C-106 Delta; 18-Jul-08 at 19:59.

The player part works well for me.

Having everything packed into a single file doesn't.
    blend.block 25.4mb
    packed.dll 3.38mb
    blenderplayer 3.33mb

But BPPGame.exe is just 25.6mb

In an empty directory, the full BPPGame.exe exits with no message.
    Add blenderplayer.dll to dir--->zlib.dll not found
    Add packed.dll --> zlib.dll not found AND deletes blenderplayer.dll

The player part works well for me.

Having everything packed into a single file doesn't.
    blend.block 25.4mb
    packed.dll 3.38mb
    blenderplayer 3.33mb

But BPPGame.exe is just 25.6mb

In an empty directory, the full BPPGame.exe exits with no message.
    Add blenderplayer.dll to dir--->zlib.dll not found
    Add packed.dll --> zlib.dll not found AND deletes blenderplayer.dll
    It can't pack everything into a single exe file exacty. At best, it can only pack everything into two files - the standalone exe and the Packed.dll.

The problem you stated above is due to the fact that you are missing dlls. The BPPConverter.exe will tell you all the files it packs in the Packed.dll. Here is what it should look like. In order to create a Packed.dll, you need to include the dlls you want in the same directory as the BPPConverter. (it should look like this). Once you successfully create the Packed.dll, then you need to keep the Packed.dll in the same directory as your game. Hope that helped.
    Last edited by C-106 Delta; 18-Jul-08 at 21:19.

It can't pack everything into a single exe file exacty. At best, it can only pack everything into two files - the standalone exe and the Packed.dll. Hope that helped.
    Thanks - yes it did. Nice work.

Last two options. The name on the menu/title bar is blank. Is it possible for a name to be put in there? BPPlayer would be fine. Also it's own icon. Or make them alterable if not to hard.

The name on the menu/title bar is blank. Is it possible for a name to be put in there? BPPlayer would be fine. Also it's own icon. Or make them alterable if not to hard.
    Yea, it's possible though the BPPlayer. But PhantasmicNova made my life much easier with this new build. With that, you can change the title to whatever you want.

A fresh new blenderplayer.dll of PhantasmicNova's build was made today. The archieves haven't been updated yet, but you can download it from here: Link

and if it still doesn't work, then try these two files:

FileExe1
    FileExe2
    I did but it still doesnt work... both files ran euccesfully and i did save the files to my desktop. but Red Agent still will not work!!
    Don't mind me, I'm Ticcentric!

I did but it still doesnt work... both files ran euccesfully and i did save the files to my desktop. but Red Agent still will not work!!
    Hmm... interesting. Micro27 was having problems with Vista too. Some feed back from him might help. I'll look into this.

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast