Video Tutorial Idea

Some of you guys may remember Blengine’s video tutorials. One of them, the Jaguar car tutorial, was sold for $5. they were a video capture of his screen while he modeled/textured/etc the jaguar E type car, and a narration.

Some of you guys may remember my Lotus Elise S2 car, and my currently in progress Aston Martin V12 Vanquish cars. I have recieved many good comments on them, and some people even asked me if i was planning to write a tutorial.

I would sell my video tutorial(s) on either CD-R or NTSC VHS, for $5 (US Dollars) plus shipping.

Here’s what I am thinking of right now:

A video tutorial for average blender users (you are expected to know the basics, but just the basics of blender…how to navigate it, move around in 3d space, etc…) The car i am thinking of as a good choice to learn from would be the Mazda RX-7. Here’s a photograph of the car:

http://www.syclone.freeserve.co.uk/web/rx7.jpg

My video tutorial would cover start-to-finish how to model, texture, and render the car, including using yable/yafray!! However i do not have a lot of expiernce with getting python to work in blender, so i will need people who want to use yable/yafray to be able to get it up and running with only some help from me. (I will probably cover two or three ways i got my linux copy of blender/python working, and link to the post on elysiun of how to for other operating systems.) The goal for my yable/yafray part of the tutorial is what settigns to choose and why…kind of a crash course.

What do you guys think? Good idea? Bad idea? Reccomendations? Most importantly, would you buy one??

Thanks,

Farrell Farahbod

I think it would be grreeat!

I would maybe buy it…but surely! :smiley:

Hmmm…

That comes to £3.13, and for something which tells you that much stuff on how to use Blender, i would say that it is worth it for proficient ‘newbies’.

:smiley:

What about selling the video tutorials over blender3d.org or blender.org ?

You would have a larger platform for your tutorials and blender (and elYsiun) and its further developement could profit to by a small fee.

This way you could own some money, blender could, and elYsiun could.

Assume, all would have a use for it.

Interesting. i didnt even think of that.

perhaps, but at first i think i will jsut sell them myself. if it seems to go well then perhaps i will talk to blender.org/blender3d.org/eshop maintainers about working some deal.

but as it is, i am not sure how good my tutorial will turn out. if it doesnt turn out good i wont sell it, but rather redo it, or give it away for free. im sure it will turn out great, but i have never done this before.

right now im sort of waiting for users to put there two cents in about the car i choose to model…do they like my choice? i dont want to put in the effort if most people dont want to learn how to model that car.

–farrell f.

ya the car look grrreat!

I agree that this is a quite good idea, and that many would consider purchasing it based soley on the fact that cars are so much a part of our lives that putting them into our ‘virtual lives’ seems to fit.

I also would like to see a consortium of blender artists do the same sort of video tuts, but focused on each’s ‘speciality.’ That is to say, differing categories for many realworld items.

It would be good to have vid tuts on setting up particle effects as well.

That is my 2¢

Not quite $5 yet!! :smiley:

OMG! Thta is such a good idea!! I would love to see this happen. Ideally we (Myslef and other contributiors) could setup a site devote to video tutorials on blender. This would be great. If anyone is interested in contribuiting to a possible blender video tutorials web site (video tutorials themselves, web site design, professional hosting, etc…) please contact me!

[email protected]

I would of course setup the video tutorials collaboration site on either my site at reblended.com, or one of the other contributions if they would prefer. But i think to help create a professional appearence, our own .com or .org would be a good idea.

You got me thining, AROtotheN!! THNAKS!

I will contact Blengine (the guy who first did the video tutorials) when i see him next on irc!!

–Farrell f.

I could probably do something on armature rigging.

Martin

A video tutorial on how to model and render a whole car, in detail? If the end result is high-quality and at least somewhat passes for realistic then it would be great; good video tutorials normally sell for $100+ USD.

If it is good quality and say 30min long at least (you can’t really model a car in less time than that) you should be able to sell them for 10-15 USD. Of course, you’ll have to offer a free preview, maby of the first 2.5 min and the last 2.5 min :slight_smile:

i was also thinking of other cars…im starting not to like the mazda car that much…the rear of the car isnt really to my liking. i, and some fellow people in #blenderchat, would prefer the following, and i plan to model each one…so like three video tutorials…probably one every few weeks,

1- 2003 Corvette >> http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/details/chevrolet03corvette/coupe/trim_photos.html?pagetype=360

2- Jaguar XJ220 >> http://www.patleck.com/quebecrpm/jaguar/xj220-11.jpg

3- Some sort of typical street car, but with a cool body kit. the other day i saw a Honda DelSol with a bad-ass body kit that made it look soo soo cool

4- Toyota Supra (a recent model)

what do you guys think of these??

So are you acutally gonna do this or not?

The thread is 3 years old!!

GreyBeard

hi FrenchBread147,
please don’t dig up old threads, we will lock those.

admin.