Solomon's Treasure (completed in 2 weeks) *Updated to 2.49 and new Linux release*

Update - 19 August, 2009
I’ve updated the .blend file release to be compatible with Blender 2.49a. Also, there is now a Linux version which is confirmed to work on Ubuntu 9.04 and Linux Mint 7. Links updated below.

Original - 10 September, 2008
Due in large part to a .blend file becoming corrupted, Clean3D and I weren’t able to finish our entry for the 2008 Christian Developer’s Network Speedgame contest before the submission deadline. However, we put too much into it to just abandon it, so now we’re (finally) releasing it for your viewing enjoyment.

The game was almost complete on the last day of the contest (August 17), so what you see here is not much different from what we had then. We were able to isolate the corrupt data, and I had an opportunity to fix some bugs with the sound system and add a fading intro animation, but every other aspect of the game was finished within the two weeks of the contest.

Here’s a trailer movie that Clean3D made:
(AVI 28.8 MB right-click and Save As)http://teambio.blendenzo.com/Solomon/t_shot_0185.png

And here’s the game:

Linux release (version 1.2) (Bzipped Tarball, 6.0 MiB)

• For sound support, you must have Pygame installed.

.blend file (version 1.2) (Bzipped Tarball, 3.5 MiB)

• For sound support, you must have Pygame installed.

Windows release (version 1.1) (Zip, 9.8 MiB)
-The .blend file in this download only works properly with a special build of Blender. For a .blend that works with 2.49a, download the .blend file package above.

I hope you all enjoy it. Let us know what you think.

thanks for posting… looks interesting… will DLD and play

trailer looks awesome, will try the game then I´m home.

Ive checked out the trailer, very well made. Looking forward to trying out the game!

Having issues downloading the windows release though… It gets to 3.7mb and keeps stopping. I’ll try again tomorrow, might just be my internet playing up tonight…

Edit It seems like the file is only 3.7 mb and incomplete. Has anyone else had any problems unzipping?

Downloading the trainer and the game :smiley:

The .blend or .zip don’t work.

the .zip downloads under a second and wont extract
the .blend, the person is in multiple peices and don’t move.

yeah the zip says “no files to extract!” to me.

I think Blendenzo’s just teasing us with the trailer, and making us wait. :no:

Not cool man. :stuck_out_tongue:

The .blend file works if you use Apricot, but the framerate is pretty bad so I can’t play. Not as if I have a low spec computer or Graphics Card either, but oh well.

From what I saw it looks very nice, and the texture work is aweosme. Hope that you can fix the FPS so I can really play :slight_smile:

Wow, I apologize for all the problems, guys.

I can confirm that apparently there is an incomplete file on my server. I also had this problem with a pre-release version that I had uploaded to my server for compatibility testing. I don’t exactly know why it did this, but it should be easy enough to fix. I’ll re-upload the Windows version when I get home from work (about 5 hours from now).

Strange. I’m playing the .blend on a computer with a 64 MB Intel i845G chipset and it is running at a usable framerate (Windows XP SP2, 2.0 GHz P4 and 512MB system RAM).

What are your system specs, and what sort of framerate are you getting? Are you using the Apricot build I provided or are you using another build? If you are using another build, can you link me to it so I can test with it to see if that’s where the problem is?

The character is supposed to be in multiple pieces. That is the art style of the game (sort of like how Rayman is disconnected).

I just tested the .blend on my work computer with the Apricot build I provided in the first post, and it works fine. What version of Blender are you using?

The character is supposed to be in multiple pieces. That is the art style of the game (sort of like how Rayman is disconnected).

Ah, I didnt see that in the screenshot XD

It works in apricot, but the mouse move is annoying lol, you move it left and it goes right.

Press I to invert the camera movement :wink:

Wow, just played with the apricsot build you specified, and it all worked great. Very, very nice game, would be cool if it was longer though! What was the point in the last room though? What do you have to get or do?

Aw Man! It’s a shame that you couldn’tve turned it in! It was so great! I’m checking out the video right now. Good Job!

Thanks alex, it worked.

Man this game is AWESOME, but hard. I have yet to win it XD

dude this is better than tomb raider!

Nice trailer!

Okay, I’ve fixed the Windows download and tested it. It works now. I hope you guys will give it another try, because the game definitely is much cooler with sound.

Ok, I will. This game so rocks! where did you get all those messages and inscriptions from? I love reading though them.

You gotta add a pause.

I think he made them up. And yeah a pause would be good, maybe a restart screen too when falling off.