Cosmic Girl (Final Image)

This is my latest work “Cosmic Girl”. Rendered with Blender internal render.
Comments and critics are welcome as always. I hope you like it !

Attachments

Look at the portion of the helmet above her left eye. If I were to sample that spot in Photoshop, I’d probably see a color-value of #FFFFFF or darn-close-to-it. In other words, “blown-out white.” Overexposure.

She has face-texture and midrange skin tones, but her outfit is seriously overexposed. Partly because of this, it’s featureless.

The entire image needs to have comparable tonal-ranges, and there should be shadows that help to “link” the woman to the outfit she is supposed to be wearing.

Well I don’t totally agree with sundialsvc4.

I must say, I like the contrast between the skin and the suit/helmet. And I don’t understand what you’re saying about the shadow that need to link the suit to the body. There are clearly shadows and they work perfectly fine…

Well, I guess the suit could be toned down a little, because some area are in fact too white…but it’s not a major problem since it fits the style of the render.

Anyway, very nice work. I like how the character seems to have a story with it. The card is a very nice addition to the scene. Good job.

well done!

Unless it’s a technical presentation given to a board of directors it doesn’t need to be all even valued. Some of the best art I’ve seen leaves half the person’s face and body in shadowy obscurity. So yes, as a tech demo showing the model and all the detail it gets a C grade. But as artwork it gets an A.

Her eyes and Nose seem quite big… Even with the white helmet… Also the eyes look 2d paintings. No depth in them. I’d say it has very nice overall ruined by few catastrophic errors :S

That nose and mouth look real.

I disagree with the crits. I see depth in the eye and the tonal range is fine by me.
I like the contrast between the hard-edged reflections of the helmet and the overall softness of the skin. I’d say it’s even one of the reasons for the image’s overall appeal.

I fully agree with BbB, it’s a great piece of artwork.

One thing though, the low compression quality of the picture created some ugly noise :frowning:

Wow, that girl’s skin looks real!! Really nice job!!

I like the style. Its nice. The internal renderer seems to do quite a good job.

Amazing!

I like the look of this very much. My only crit would be the edges of the lips look a little pasty, but it doesn’t detract from the image much.

The helmet is very good, but the face - not

Thanks for the many discussion about my pic :slight_smile:
I partly agree about overexposure of helmet and depth of eyes.
In this work, I emphasized the mechanical design of helmet, hand, and back ground. So it may be that I had easygoing thinking about the material and texture. I will fix them in incremental steps.
Recently, some render (such as Maxwell, Yafray, and LuxRender) come under spotlight, however, Blender internal render with A.O. is very speedy and beautiful when the conditions are right. In this case, I spent 3h for rendering.

(Sorry for my bad English:()

Well, i disagree with most of the crits. I think that maybe overexposed, but the first impression was: “Wooow! great piece of art!” So, when i’ve seen the image in detail, i can say that needs a tweak in really few details te me, it looks really good as it is. :wink:

First, material and modeling is great. Nice Job.

The overall lighting of the scene is very nice, but in comparison to that i also think that the shadow on the right eye of her is a bit to dark. The skin and the eyes are very nice so why not showing it a bit more. :rolleyes:

very cool sexy

It’s a very nice work. The helmet, no problem with. It’s pretty obvious to me that the shiny metal of the helmet is simply reflecting the light sources around her, hence they would be nearly pure white. As a matter of preference, I too would change the shadow on the left side of her face (her right side). I think if half of her face was shadowed it would be nice and artistic, but the shadow over just her eye just doesn’t jive well with my taste, but that’s my opinion.

I also think that the eyes could have more depth. A little more distance between the iris and the cornea from what I can gather from the picture.

All that said, when I first looked I said wow. It’s great the way it is. I think it could be just a tad better.

Great image. At first the face seems not to fit, but I guess it’s purely intentional - the girl seems to be kind-of trapped in her space suit.
I like the idea of helmet looking like hair, it helps the scifi feel.

Overall - perfectly executed. Five stars, of course. Maybe just a bigger render would be nice :wink:

edit: oh, I’d almostly forget to mention: it’s really a very beautiful girl :slight_smile:

Hair was added. Which do you like?